Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > The Wasteland

The Wasteland Pro Wrestling, Fantasy Matchups, Rehashed MMA, Chat threads, etc.

Old 11-22-2012, 10:48 AM   #21
Quilled Mind

vCash: 500
The problem is that Wanderlei has been fighting a lot of KO punchers, which has ruined his chin...he needs to have some grapplers and grinders for awhile now to end off his career. Wrestlers would simply bore-out ground-hugging wins and strikers would tap his chin. That is how his legacy has been sullied already...it needs to be remedied. I'd rather see him fight Maia, Marquardt, Forrest, Jake Shields, or even Nick Diaz...depending on what weight-class he decides on.

Fedor
Bas
Igor
Saku
GSP
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan
Quilled Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:04 AM   #22
Davelh

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilled Mind View Post
I'd rather see him fight Maia, Marquardt, Forrest, Jake Shields, or even Nick Diaz...depending on what weight-class he decides on.
Maia fights 170, plus they're friends
Marquardt fights 170
Forrest is huge compared to Wand and would do his best to wrestle f*** him. Wand could ko him but doubtful.
Shields is suspended for banned substances till mid Feb...this fight would be awful to watch anyway
Nick Diaz- really? Wrong weight class no matter what, and would never happen anyway

I agree with some of your other points which is why Vera makes sense. Vera is a solid wrestler but I don't think he would be able to take Wand down and keep him there for more than a few seconds, plus he has a fairly big name and hasn't ko'd anyone in a long time. Did anything get announced for Vera? This fight makes sense in so many ways for me

Last edited by Davelh; 11-22-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Davelh is offline   Reply With Quote