Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 06-09-2014, 07:43 PM   #191
Lastwords

Yellow Belt

vCash: 500
I'm sick and tired of seeing fighters being put under a microscope, every little thing they do is blown out of proportion. When are the ABSOLUTE piss poor judges and refs going to start getting what they deserve? When they fuck up as bad as they did this past weekend they need to start getting fined/suspended.

Old 06-09-2014, 07:44 PM   #192
Limbo Pete
Very Low Belt

vCash: 500
Not a great idea

AV by the great Augustus Caesar
Limbo Pete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:45 PM   #193
DrHouse

Silver Belt

vCash: 1579
Quote:
Originally Posted by punky brewster View Post
I think the reason people are making a big deal about it is because it was a UFC event watched by a million people and it occured 48 hours ago. The James Thompson shove occured in an EliteXC event about 6 years ago.

Six years from now, no one is going to be talking about this. Or maybe everything in the world is a wild, racist conspiracy and I'm too dumb to see it.
Not that I disagree with you but to your point about a million people watching, the gif is from the James Thompson vs Kimbo Slice fight. 6.5 million people watched that fight, it's the second most watched fight in MMA history.

DrHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:49 PM   #194
Wayweary

Brown Belt

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by IngaVovchanchyn View Post
Orlando Brown (the player) received $25 million from the NFL after this incident:

At first I was about to be outraged but then I read the story:

"During a December 19, 1999 game against the Jacksonville Jaguars, Brown was accidentally hit in the right eye by a penalty marker weighted with ball bearings thrown by referee Jeff Triplette.[2] Triplette immediately apologized to Brown. Brown was holding his hand to his eye and then went ballistic and shoved Triplette, knocking him to the ground. Brown was ejected from the game and subsequently suspended by the NFL, although the suspension was lifted when his injury did not heal.

"Brown sat out the entire 2000 season waiting for his right eye to heal. The Browns released him after the season. In 2001, he sued the NFL for $200 million in damages. According to reports, he settled for a sum between $15 million and $25 million in 2002.

"Brown spent the 2001 and 2002 seasons in rehab before he was picked back up by the Ravens in 2003."

That ref is lucky he didn't get stomped on too. He fucked up someone's career and risked leaving him permanently injured.

Wayweary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:51 PM   #195
GrindingANARCHY
Shogun - Wand - Fedor - JDS - Aldo

vCash: 751
Fine and suspension at the very least. I would fire him but Dana isn't man enough too

GrindingANARCHY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:55 PM   #196
Bob Gray
Deadlights Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearoth View Post
Not a powerful/violent shove by any means, but he'll probably get cut for it knowing Dana & co.
When have they ever cut someone for something comparable to this?