Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 02-02-2014, 12:58 AM   #111
Talon81

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightdonttweet View Post
I'll just stop you right there. His highest point was either after beating Fedor (where he was ranked no 2 in the world I believe) or right now (where he is ranked no 3 in the world).

Being ranked number 7 in the entire world is pretty standout in your organization when the belt in question is in your organization and most of the best fighters aren't in your organization.

No I"m using common examples. I already pointed out JDS Cain and Brock (incidentally the only guys to hold the title since 2008). Do I truly need to go earlier than 2008? How about the last champ before Brock, Couture, who got his title shot coming off of a loss?

This is getting ridiculous. Its moronic to call something that happened to the last 4 people to hold the title "standout." A more proper word would be "the norm."

If beating the greatest heavyweight of all time isn't considered proving someone to be at the top of the heap, I truly don't know what is. Your arguments are descending into pure madness now.

If he deserved a title shot, and then was given another fight instead of said title shot while his shot was given to a guy with 2 wins total in his entire career.....well I'd consider that screwed.

Faber hasn't been the top of the heap since 2008. That's why he changed weight classes.

Interesting. I thought we had established he was no 3 in the UFC in 2008, no 2 in the world in 2010 and no 3 in the world today.
Dont really have time at the moment (not to mention not sober) so let me just say... you dodged several of my points quite conveniently. good job.

Talon81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 01:21 AM   #112
Ustasha

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon81 View Post
Dont really have time at the moment (not to mention not sober) so let me just say... you dodged several of my points quite conveniently. good job.
So you weren't drunk when you were posting all that other nonsense earlier today?

Ustasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:13 PM   #113
Talon81

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ustasha View Post
So you weren't drunk when you were posting all that other nonsense earlier today?
I had two people calling me an idiot. How many called you one in this thread? 20? 30? easy. Your points are completely.... pointless. At least your friend who was arguing with me at least made a few reasonable points. You made none, really

Talon81 is offline   Reply With Quote