Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 12-31-2013, 02:53 PM   #51
RedDevilFedor

Brown Belt

vCash: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertStomper View Post
Silva punched plenty, he just missed every time. And a big reason he wasn't punching more was because Weidman gave him nothing to punch at. He had great distance control and timing combined with feints.
A big reason Chris landed so much was because Silva handed his chin on silver platter. That fight shouldnt be an accurate representation of Chris striking. He looked good Saturday but Vitor will strike more often with ill intentions. I dont Chris can take what Vitor will give him.

Old 12-31-2013, 02:54 PM   #52
DesertStomper**
Banned

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevilFedor View Post
A big reason Chris landed so much was because Silva handed his chin on silver platter. That fight shouldnt be an accurate representation of Chris striking. He looked good Saturday but Vitor will strike more often with ill intentions. I dont Chris can take what Vitor will give him.
That same Silva punted Vitor silly.

DesertStomper** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 02:57 PM   #53
kuremadman

White Belt

Vitor's dangerous, but Weidman is deceptively smooth on his footwork. The longer the fight goes, the more it is in Weidman's advantage. If he can avoid getting knocked out on his feet, I think he can wear Vitor down on the ground and finish him in the championship rounds.

kuremadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 02:58 PM   #54
mathor

vCash: 1305
Even a thermostat jungle lion does not stand a chance against Weed man's wrestling.

mathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:03 PM   #55
RedDevilFedor

Brown Belt

Quote:
That same Silva punted Vitor silly.
Damn you are an expert at MMath. Twice in one thread.
So almost three years has done nothing to silva?
Feb 2011-Dec 2013

Old 12-31-2013, 03:07 PM   #56
DesertStomper**
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevilFedor View Post
Damn you are an expert at MMath. Twice in one thread.
So almost three years has done nothing to silva?
Feb 2011-Dec 2013
He got even better. See the Okami, Chael, & Bonnar fights. You remember Chael right? The guy who destroyed Silva for 4.5 rounds prior to the Vitor fight? Yea, well he finished him in the 2nd round a year after the Vitor fight.

Oh lemme guess, hurt ribs, wanted to submit him for big nog, clowning around, freak accident blah blah.

lol.

Old 12-31-2013, 03:08 PM   #57
DesertStomper**
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathor View Post
even a thermostat jungle lion does not stand a chance against weed man's wrestling.

fucking lol

Old 12-31-2013, 03:22 PM   #58
mathor

vCash: 1305
Quote:
Originally Posted by ectera View Post
Vitor is going to be training with some beasts for this fight... On top of that he has looked amazing in his last 3 fights. Belfort is going into this title fight with plenty of confidence.
Sources say he is currently in the jungle trying to find lions to spar with.

Confidence will not be a factor in this fight, it's not something that either one of these guys lack. I think it will come down to Vitor not having good enough TDD and being put on his back and pounded out. He won't catch Weed Man in any subs.

mathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 04:13 PM   #59
RedDevilFedor

Brown Belt

Thumbs up

Quote:
He got even better. See the Okami, Chael, & Bonnar fights. You remember Chael right? The guy who destroyed Silva for 4.5 rounds prior to the Vitor fight? Yea, well he finished him in the 2nd round a year after the Vitor fight.

Oh lemme guess, hurt ribs, wanted to submit him for big nog, clowning around, freak accident blah blah.

lol.
He did get better technique but lost athleticism and cant take same punch.
Also, cant believe you mentioned Bonnar lol. Anyway, the fact of the matter is the Anderson that fought Chris is not the same that front kicked Vitor. Spin it however you like. Vitor is old but he hasnt been dropping his hands and taking punches willingly for the last six years. Also, he is more athletic than Silva. AND their styles are different Vitor is more aggressive than Anderson, i dont think Weidman will stand with Vitor if he can help it.