Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 05-12-2014, 07:51 PM   #31
IMPmmath

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShreddinMMA View Post
Nah.

I watching one of my favourite fighters in Shogun get beatdown for 4 rounds by Jones with next to no offence in return.

It sucks to see but at the end of the day it's a sport. And Shogun is still a badass.
That fight sucked but I definitely watched it.That was the first MMA event I attended.CroCop got dropped by Schaub that same night.that blew

IMPmmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:07 PM   #32
Lito Lapida

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB777 View Post
The first time Vitor and Randy fought, it was tough for me too watch. Vitor had been tearing through people with punches and was undefeated and Randy was also tearing through people with punches and a submission and was also undefeated so I could not imagine how this would end.

For those who did not see this at UFC 15, lets just say that Randy put on a wrestling clinic and mixed in a lot of crisp dirty boxing that just wore Vitor down until he was in almost a fetal position eating knees an punches against the cage until the ref pulled Randy off. Was not even close!

Wow, an older wrestler just shut down the awesome striking machine Belfort was at that time. I was taping it and you could see that at certain point I just stopped recording.

The other one was Bas vs Kevin Randleman at UFC 20. Hated to see either of these guys lose so although I watched it. I really did not want to. No outcome would make me happy in this one. Ok, maybe a draw...no chance...this was a title fight.

Any fights you could not watch for ANY reason?
Vitor vs. Couture 1 is one of my fave fights, A young gun vs. a latecomer. Randy schooled Vitor bad, and showed how effective clinching and dirty boxing is.

Bas vs Kevin Randleman is not that good in my opinion, Randleman took Bas down a lot of times and did no damage, Bas on the other hand attacked from the bottom with punches and elbows, before the fight ended Kevin Randleman's trademark blond hair became red.

And the fight I could not watch and would not watch again is.....

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Ken vs. Severn! damn! that fight sucks big time, 15 minutes of circling around.

Lito Lapida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:15 PM   #33
jmadtx

Black Belt

vCash: 2161
i wanted to throw my beer at the tv during the bj penn/ edgar fights

Old 05-12-2014, 08:26 PM   #34
Kentucky Deluxe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambammccoy View Post
You mean the Che Mills beatdown?

I enjoyed that one.

You must have been rooting for the Canadian then. Che mills should not have been any where near that fight or the UFC for that matter. He couldn't defend almost anything on the bottom.

Kentucky Deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:40 PM   #35
RB777

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lito Lapida View Post
Vitor vs. Couture 1 is one of my fave fights, A young gun vs. a latecomer. Randy schooled Vitor bad, and showed how effective clinching and dirty boxing is.

Bas vs Kevin Randleman is not that good in my opinion, Randleman took Bas down a lot of times and did no damage, Bas on the other hand attacked from the bottom with punches and elbows, before the fight ended Kevin Randleman's trademark blond hair became red.

And the fight I could not watch and would not watch again is.....

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Ken vs. Severn! damn! that fight sucks big time, 15 minutes of circling around.
Ken vs. Severn and Kimo vs. Severn = Benny Hill music...yes Houston and Kimbo I'm thinking about that strange performance you two put on also.

RB777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:00 PM   #36
SamboPunch

Silver Belt

vCash: 50
Shogun/Hendo 2 was hard to watch. You just knew at any second either guy could land that one punch. Just happened to be Hendo.

SamboPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:11 PM   #37
sp00k

Brown Belt

It did make me feel sad to see Lyoto look like a dead man when JBJ choked him out and dropped him like a sack of potatoes. That was tough cuz Lyoto is such a classy dude.

Seeing Anderson's leg break was devastating for me. I hated seeing him go out like that... fuck, I wanted to see more.

Old 05-12-2014, 11:13 PM   #38
Redhawks100

Red Belt

I didn't watch Silva/Weidman 2 because I was drinking with a good friend of mine that lives out of state. I'm glad I didn't though.

Old 05-12-2014, 11:16 PM   #39
PierreDrillin

Orange Belt

A fitch vs shields fight would lead to tv surfing

PierreDrillin is offline   Reply With Quote