Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:48 AM   #21
1strikeclothing

Black Belt

vCash: 500
Thanks for sharing.

#6 always happens at a UFC event. Something about a UFC event turns those type of people into fighters....

http://www.ebay.com/sch/1strike_mma/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25

PM for http://www.virusintl.com/index.html discounts.
1strikeclothing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #22
SnowBlynd
can bench 275

Very accurate assessment of what its like. I agree 100% with your perception, ts.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:13 AM   #23
akutz1
Panch>>>>>>Akutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeGringo View Post
One thing I forgot: if I had the choice between sitting on the floor and sitting a few rows up in the stands, I think I would choose the stands unless my floor seats were in one of the very first rows. The stands are stadium seating. I suspect on the floor, you would have a more obstructed view, especially if the fight was across the ring from your side. However, Team Alpha Male was in full force on the first row, and I suspect you could see over those guys.

I'd like to hear from someone with floor seats, but not on the first couple of rows regarding visibility, sight lines, and standing versus sitting.

Interestingly, to me at least, we sat for much of the night. The only fights where there was almost continual standing were the Diego and Cain fights.
Ive sat 1st row, 5th row and 7th row at UFC events and yea the farther back you go the harder it is to see because you have more and more people standing up in front of you

Old 10-22-2013, 11:24 AM   #24
Auscon

White Belt

I've only been to 1 event so far (Japan 144) so I guess that's not the typical UFC experience. Completely different atmosphere and level of respect from the crowd. Amazing experience through and through still..

100% agree with TS re floor seating. For that event I was maybe 10 rows back in the closest elevated section to the ring - I had beaten myself up for not dropping the extra $ to just go all-out and get the best tickets available, but after seeing the floor seats I couldn't have been happier with my spot. Alot of the floor seats even went back further than our own, and would've been a much worse view for a higher pricetag.

Having said that, UFC #2 for me will be Hunt vs Bigfoot in Brisbane, and I'm in the same coloured section as floor seats but the venue map didn't list the section as floor seating...fingers crossed.

Some other notes from my experience;

- Arriving only to realise you're staying in the same hotel as the UFC organisation/fighters is beyond awesome (planning to stay in the same hotel would be a little creepy though). Crossing paths with Rampage, Kongo, Hunt, Frankie, Benson, Kingsbury, Condit...got lucky.
- Buying tickets for an overseas event is frightening. The Japan ticketing system was so dubious, basic text website, and my bank froze my card after I bought the tickets believing it to be fraudulent activity. Literally I had a fear that the tickets wouldn't work, right up until I heard the sweet sweet sound of the scanner accepting the QRcode.

Auscon is offline   Reply With Quote