Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-19-2014, 05:55 AM   #131
VitorISnoCheatr
Banned

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua DH View Post
Both are terrible in their own way. Though personally, I would rather someone take it and get caught as opposed to running away like a jackass. Like we don't know. Come on.
But running is the better option. At least from what we've seen. If you have a good enough excuse and can talk your way out of anything, it is the better option.

let's be honest here. Chael only took the tests because he thought he would pass. He messed up and cut it too close with the timing. Got caught red handed. Lost his jobs. Also do you think his retirement was on his terms? Lol. He was basically forced to retire due to public embarrassment. Especially for all the crap he talked about Lance Armstrong. His last match was a squash loss to Rashad. He wanted to fight Wand and make a big pay day. His fox gig also paid well. All gone.

He should have ran.

VitorISnoCheatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:46 AM   #132
Joshua DH

Brown Belt

vCash: 1361
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitorISnoCheatr View Post
But running is the better option. At least from what we've seen. If you have a good enough excuse and can talk your way out of anything, it is the better option.

let's be honest here. Chael only took the tests because he thought he would pass. He messed up and cut it too close with the timing. Got caught red handed. Lost his jobs. Also do you think his retirement was on his terms? Lol. He was basically forced to retire due to public embarrassment. Especially for all the crap he talked about Lance Armstrong. His last match was a squash loss to Rashad. He wanted to fight Wand and make a big pay day. His fox gig also paid well. All gone.

He should have ran.
Getting caught and suffering the consequences > running away and sweet talking your way back to legitimacy like a little bitch. I don't care about what's better for them, cheating is bullshit regardless. I just respect someone that runs away to avoid facing the music that much less.

Once again, it matters little either way.

Joshua DH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:21 AM   #133
thisISjoel

Blue Belt

vCash: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by surgeyou1 View Post
Ducking a drug test is the same thing as failing
This.

GSP is the GOAT.

I believe in Chael P. Sonnen.
thisISjoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:43 AM   #134
ligthandshadow

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0rdBurn View Post
English isn't my first language, so if someone could help me out with this, it would be appreciated!

I understand that part that 1 year is standard and the Commission can chose an other length. Doesn't that implicate, that this timeframe could also be longer?
It is at the discretion of the commission, you are right.
Wanderlei would not be allowed to apply again for an additional year, should the commission decide to refuse his application a second time.

They have all the power in this situation.

Old 07-20-2014, 01:16 PM   #135
VitorISnoCheatr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua DH View Post
Getting caught and suffering the consequences > running away and sweet talking your way back to legitimacy like a little bitch. I don't care about what's better for them, cheating is bullshit regardless. I just respect someone that runs away to avoid facing the music that much less.

Once again, it matters little either way.
Cheating is part of the sport. There will always be PED use. What's better for them is running. What's better for us is obviously them taking the test and failing. Especially when we find out what exactly they were taking. It seems like when a fighter gets busted for weed we all want to give them a pass for it. Since its not a PED. Still. Rules are rules like someone said earlier.

VitorISnoCheatr is offline   Reply With Quote