Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:20 AM   #21
Free_MMAson

Silver Belt

vCash: 500
I take only the supplements that I have already had pre-tested by a commercial lab for around $100 that I can confirm do in fact have anabolic steroids added, and then I cycle my supplements stopping a calculated amount of time before an athletic event.

Free_MMAson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:50 AM   #22
JayMachiavelli

Black Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacemaker Joe View Post
"It must have been in one of my vitamin supplements!"
Weird, I read both links yet didn't see 1 thing about MMA, this belongs in OT or WASTELAND.

The Lineal World Heavyweight Championship is the only legit heavyweight title in MMA.
JayMachiavelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:58 AM   #23
swarrrm
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

vCash: 450
CNN is about as credible as a news source as the bleacher report.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:00 AM   #24
clift

Brown Belt

vCash: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somardinho View Post
What has GSP got to do with it.

My point is that I though he was juiced up, but as time goes by
, you hear more and more of athletes in general being given shit in supplements by coaches and whatnot. Rather than the athlete jabbing themselves up with stuff.
Hey man, it's totally understandable. There were a lot of threads on it back in 2008 too, so there was always a controversy surrounding it. I used to give him the benefit of the doubt, only because he went so far out of his way to clear his name knowing that the ruling was never going to change. Even Dana said that he believed Sherk, and knowing who he was and his personality just couldn't envision Sherk taking PED's. He was wayyyy too clean in his lifestyle to get into an illegal drug, and I believe that too.

The guy took so much flack over it, and I really feel bad for him and his legacy knowing what's come out over the years about supplements. I'm still not 100% convinced that he didn't have anything in his system, but I feel much more confident about it now years later. And like you said, there are coaches out there who will add something to their drink etc and you can't rule that out completely.