Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:45 AM   #41
SeattleFightFan

Gold Belt

vCash: 500
how'd you get there, TS? i mean, this is what you said:

"The sport will only grow more sour and lose more of its fan base if changes do not occur quick enough."

so using context, is it fair to paraphrase it this way: "because Dana is being a dick more often and because Quarry recently came out about fighter pay and because Cummins is getting a fight for no reason and because Leben is broke....i suggest we change the rules to allow stomps"?!?

i'm not against many of the things you say. but i am against casually linking them to things unrelated things.

the AC's control the rules, right or wrong, like it or not. are you suggesting that Zuffa put together a new campaign to either pry the rules away from state AC's to make themselves more "league-like" (something that will NEVER HAPPEN politically), or do you suggest they use muscle to update the rules, considering that the last 2 major rule changes (2000 and 2006) were long ago? if the latter, how to you suggest prodding them into this? and considering their first and foremost policy (theoretically) is fighter safety, and 2nd is keeping within budget (they are state agencies...), how do you put "cuz the fans want it" changes in the forefront of their priority list???

i'm not ripping your thoughts, only your thought process. if you wanted to put a little more into it, i'd be happy to have an intellectual conversation about it.

but first thing's last. what - exactly - are you proposing when you say this:

Quote:
- Rule Changes: Whether it's allowing soccer kicks, knees to a grounded opponent, 12-to-6 elbows or whatever, there is LOTS of room for improvement in terms of how fighters actually fight. The current rules do a passable job, but we all know it can be better.
?!?

SeattleFightFan is offline   Reply With Quote