Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 01-05-2014, 04:35 AM   #21
DaveHilly

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
honestly dont understand how people put weidman in the conversation for fighter of the year. He had one win (Be honest, the win via injury doesnt count). How does that trump the sustained destruction of guys like faber, mighty mouse, and vitor. They each had at least three wins and between all of their ten fights only two went the distant. Keep in mind the finishing rates for MM's and Faber's divisions are lower than average too. You gotta give those three respect. I mean, I understand that Weidmans one win was over the Goat, but Sherdog didnt give Werdum fighter of the year after he tapped the long reigning Goat Fedor (I still think hes goat...). So get over it.

Old 01-05-2014, 04:36 AM   #22
mario40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulkrusher View Post
I'm shocked at how much everyone still questions vitors heart and cardio after the 4.5 round beating he took from JJ.
True that homie. Jones was HUGE in comparison and had much more reach (which he used very well). Plus, Vitor showed to be dangerous off his back, threatening with a very close armbar.

mario40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:43 AM   #23
mario40
Banned

Faber in my opinion. 3 out of 4 finishes, all against top 10 opponents. He's by no means young either. But, you could never tell when you watch him fight. With that said, I give him better odds in a rematch with Cruz than Rennan.

mario40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:48 AM   #24
Agnawedbone

Green Belt

1. Vitor.
2. Faber.
3. Browne or Weidman.

Old 01-05-2014, 05:07 AM   #25
trench foot

White Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanRAW View Post
1. Demetrious Johnson
2. Chris Weidman
3. Urijah Faber
This is how I have it.

trench foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:09 AM   #26
wwedanawhite

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceLeeOnTRT View Post
The JB finish is beautiful but that divison is still so shallow that I cant give him the nod over Faber who's finished some beasts.

While I agree about the TRT, I think its important to recognize technique. Vitor was always known for fast hands and brutal combination punches...never his kicks. Since training with all those dutch kickboxers at Blackzillians, his stand up had really evolved and I think he has a right to be nominated. KOing hendo is a massive accomplishment.
Scotty, Menjivar, and Yuri are no were near the level that Dodson and JoBe are, impressive year for Faber? of course, it was incredible, but besides Mayday was anyone really seeing the other three guys as threats?

tightly gripping benson hendersons smooth balls.

i'm a really nice guy and I'm a sharp dresser
wwedanawhite is offline   Reply With Quote