Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 02-10-2014, 02:34 PM   #11
emax

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Perhaps if Nunes or Alexis Davis or Zongano was willing to treat MMA training as a sort of life and death matter the Ronda has, than perhaps any one of them could at least give her a tougher fight than all her amateur and pro fights thus far combined. It has always seemed pretty clear that none of her opponents have taken this as deadly seriously as she has.

emax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:38 PM   #12
Sinclair75

Blue Belt

LOL at "Rousey retiring undefeated" ! April fool joke time. And Ally Gator absolutely MURDERED Nunes forever.

McMann has a legit shot at doing it. Zingano will conquer Rousey's soul forever, Weidman vs Silva Style.

WW : Mohawk Thatch
LW : The Punk Thompson, Michael Chandler
Sinclair75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:45 PM   #13
LightenUp
Banned

Davis is the threat

LightenUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:46 PM   #14
BigMuffler

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinclair75 View Post
LOL at "Rousey retiring undefeated" ! April fool joke time. And Ally Gator absolutely MURDERED Nunes forever.

McMann has a legit shot at doing it. Zingano will conquer Rousey's soul forever, Weidman vs Silva Style.
I'd be most scared for Ronda against Davis with her smarts and Nunes with her scary scary power if she actually managed to get a shot at Rowdy. Zingano is good sure but I don't see it especially now, and McMann is top 4-5 but doesn't match up well with ROOOWDY...

The main thing about Nunes isn't that I think she's a better overall fighter than the other girls, it's just that I see those bricks she has for hands as presenting a different/greater danger than anything others have to offer for Rousey. Kind of like a Carwin for WMMA XD

Old 02-10-2014, 07:11 PM   #15
ufcfan4
Can't Andle The Riddum

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightenUp View Post
Davis is the threat
When i first considered that potential fight, I felt like Davis didnt have much for Rousey.

Now, upon further consideration, I feel she's a danger. Davis seems like the type of smart, disciplined fighter who could win a clinical decision over Ronda. Ronda's standup is not as polished or solid as Davis and Davis could use kicks and movement to give her first standing and possibly avoid the ground.

On the ground, Davis is very skilled though I feel no one should play that game with Ronda. I'd still favor Rousey to win but I feel Davis might be the person I'd choose to dethrone if I were forced to pick someone.

Nunes is good and dangerous but as people are saying her bull rush style might play right into Rouseys throws and submission game.

ufcfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote