Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > The Wasteland

The Wasteland Pro Wrestling, Fantasy Matchups, Rehashed MMA, Chat threads, etc.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:48 PM   #41
Rational Poster

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
If JoJo wears her kilt in her UFC debut she will make Ronda Rousey look like Jon Fitch.

Rational Poster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:51 PM   #42
Blackjack

Brown Belt

Brock Lesnar pre-illness had unlimited potential. There isn't a fighter in The UFC today who is as good a pure athlete as Lesnar based on his performance in the NFL combine. Brock had just arrived in Arizona to get started training for his NFL tryouts. He weighed in at 283 lbs, ran a 4.65 40, had a vertical jump of 35 inches, a standing long jump of 10 feet, and was able to bench 225 lbs for 30 reps.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:51 PM   #43
Hans Gercmiov

Red Belt

vCash: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchRippin View Post
4 pages in and no mention of Bobby Green?!

This dude is blazing fast and thus far has shown nothing but improvement every fight.
Ive been watching Bobby Green since his KOTC days, and imo he's about as good as he's going to get. He is still relatively young, 27 or 28, but I think he's not going to peak much higher than top 20.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:54 PM   #44
KeiranMc

Green Belt

The Notorious one.

KeiranMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:20 PM   #45
HIMBOB

Gold Belt

vCash: 29000
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSXMMA View Post
I don't mention him because to me he is already elite.
I see him as more than Elite, I see him in GOAT talk.

Never forget the freedom fry!!!
HIMBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:22 PM   #46
HIMBOB

Gold Belt

vCash: 29000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
Brock Lesnar pre-illness had unlimited potential. There isn't a fighter in The UFC today who is as good a pure athlete as Lesnar based on his performance in the NFL combine. Brock had just arrived in Arizona to get started training for his NFL tryouts. He weighed in at 283 lbs, ran a 4.65 40, had a vertical jump of 35 inches, a standing long jump of 10 feet, and was able to bench 225 lbs for 30 reps.
If he started earlier sure, but starting when he did hurt his potential immensely.

Never forget the freedom fry!!!
HIMBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:34 PM   #47
nhbfan8080

Brown Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoshiSlayer View Post
What fighters have unlimited potential. I would go with Chris Weidman, known elite grappler, with good striking that's improving, and undefeated champion. Travis Browne who's striking is great and disposed of two good grapplers quickly with elbows. His only loss is when he injured his knee against Bigfoot. Ronda Rousey, only one woman survived the first round against her, great judo and grappling, improved striking and a young undefeated champion. I also find it interesting that those three have a lot of fans who dislike them.
All 3 are not super human and so their potential is limited. Weidman is probably the best of the bunch despite a mediocre rise to the top. Ronda is in a weak women's division.

nhbfan8080 is offline   Reply With Quote