Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-22-2014, 03:48 PM   #91
Mr Boogaloo

Silver Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meulenhof View Post
Rumble is going to destroy Lil Nog so bad
agreed, this is going to be awful. he should quit now while he still remembers his jiu-jitsu

Old 07-22-2014, 03:51 PM   #92
djacobox372

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by moreorless87 View Post
Davis depends almost totally on the threat of the takedown to be competitive with guys who have quality standup, Rumble shut him down so easily he had nothing left standing and had to fight defensively to avoid getting KOed.

I think your underselling Rumbles standup which whilst not free of holes has looked very dangerous recently. I'm a big Lil Nog fan but I do think a big factor here will be his speed/reactions, jabbing a win vs Rashad is one thing but does he still have the ability to avoid the big shots of someone really dangerous as he did vs guys like Shogun/Hendo/Overeem back in the day? an early Rumble KO is IMHO a definite possibility.

Vitor/Rumble is something worth mentioning when it comes to cardio and sub defence, perhaps mental toughness as well. If taking Lil Nog down is a danger for him that obviously has an effect on the fight plus we've not really seen him seriously tested since the move up to HW/LHW in either cardio or heart. If we see a real back and forth standup war I wouldn't be shocked to see Rumble fade either physically or mentally and get finished.
Davis is a wrestler not a fighter, he was scared of rumble just like he was scared of rashad. Mentally he was never in either of those fights.

Had Davis fought rumble or rashad with the same mindset that he had when he faced nog he may have beaten both of them.

Nog isn't scared of anyone, unless his age as truly caught up with him (big possibility) he'll dominate rumble just like he did overeem back in the day.

djacobox372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:53 PM   #93
Jeffplsgo

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyBach View Post
If there are two things I learned from MMA it is this, and this why I am baffled by these odds.

1. Never count Lil Nog out

2. With Rumble, expect the unexpected.

Yes, Lil Nog hasn't looked stellar but he beat Rashad in his last fight and Rashad and Rumble are very similar (most would argue Sugar is better). It is very hard to break Lil Nog and when Rumble doesn't break a fighter, he can crack. That being said, I fully expect Rumble to win but this is more of a wild card than I think it is being credited with. With the odds being at +425 for Lil Nog now, it might not be a bad fight to lay a bet on. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Lil Nog catch a fading Rumble in a submission or out point him. Hindsight 20/20, Johnson was tailor made to beat Davis and I don't see Rumble beating Lil Nog as easy as he did Davis.
Smart man right here

Lions dont apologize for being lions, bro - Vitor "The Young Triceratops" Belfort.
Jeffplsgo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:55 PM   #94
TheWolfsHowl

vCash: 344
I hate myself for saying this, but I would be surprised if this fight leaves the first round.

TheWolfsHowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:58 PM   #95
The-AxeMurderer
Everything is awesome belt.

Lil Nog is being overlooked here.

Just because he gets injured alot doesnt mean hes crap.

MMA fans have a very short memory span and have that "what have you done for me lately" mindset.

I am not saying Rumble cant win, but Lil Nog can definitely win too. Honestly I feel like its 50/50.

The-AxeMurderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:00 PM   #96
Mister7

Brown Belt

I wouldn't be shocked for Nog to pull it off. I'll be rooting for Aj though, I want to see how far he can go.... plus he doesn't get injured all the time.

Mister7 is online now   Reply With Quote