Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 09-07-2013, 01:17 PM   #151
chris herbert

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
well at 9 boys and girls are not seperated by the muscles and strength that testosterone brings. I mean top adult woman can not be expected to hang with top adult men but at 10 there is no boy alive who ever made my daughter tap. I understand that you are using womans mma to show your kid "woman can do anything" but at the same time I do teach my child that the boys you beat now will beat you when they are 20 and you will have to fight in girls divisions. just like a top guy who is light weight can not be expected to fight top guys who are heavy weights.

Last edited by chris herbert; 09-07-2013 at 10:06 PM.
chris herbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:31 PM   #152
Fahrenheit1221
Just Bleed Belt

I would honestly enjoy UFC a lot more without WMMA, just because I still am not a huge fan of 135 and 145. They are exciting, don't get me wrong but I feel like those divisions are just taking up space and the belts in them mean very little. Over time the Aldo hype has subsided and people are starting to realize if he moves up to 155 virtually all of his advantages will go out the window and I predict he would struggle a lot more against top level wrestlers and grapplers not to mention I am starting to think his striking game is inconsistent. He doesn't rely on his strengths enough and lately has not been using leg kicks or vey effective knees outside of the Mendes fight.

2007 - UFC 77
2010 - Bellator 23
2011 - Strikeforce: Feijao/Henderson
2011 - Strikeforce: HWGP Semi-Finals
2012 - Strikeforce: Rousey/Tate
2014 - UFN 40
Fahrenheit1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #153
Lucifer Alpha

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahrenheit1221 View Post
I would honestly enjoy UFC a lot more without WMMA, just because I still am not a huge fan of 135 and 145. They are exciting, don't get me wrong but I feel like those divisions are just taking up space and the belts in them mean very little. Over time the Aldo hype has subsided and people are starting to realize if he moves up to 155 virtually all of his advantages will go out the window and I predict he would struggle a lot more against top level wrestlers and grapplers not to mention I am starting to think his striking game is inconsistent. He doesn't rely on his strengths enough and lately has not been using leg kicks or vey effective knees outside of the Mendes fight.
You are aware that Aldo's already beaten the best wrestler at 145, beaten a former LW champ (who is also a wrestler), and trained extensively with Gray Maynard?

Quote:
"I knew he was good, but I had no idea he was as good as he is in every area. Really unbelievable, especially his takedown defense. That goes for all of Nova Uniao [Aldo's home gym] also." - Gray Maynard

youtu.be/AJXoaErl8Jg
Lucifer Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #154
bubkusjones

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer Alpha View Post
I've never seen a women's fight as bad as Soa Palelei vs Nikita Krylov.
Or Houston Alexander vs Kimbo Slice. A lot of that is due to the attitude that many fans of the sport have towards WMMA, and that the women need to constantly "prove" themselves more than the men.

So, no, I would NOT like to see the UFC drop it. I can't wait for the UFC to add another women's division

Quote:
After a couple more years Ronda will retire and this will have all seemed like a bad dream.
Yeah, it'll be nice when WMMA shows it isn't just the "Ronda Rousey Show", and all those claiming it's just for her can STFU.

Never judge a book by its shoddy movie release.
bubkusjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:48 PM   #155
Fists of Fire

Silver Belt

Yes i would be much happier. Keep it all under Invicta i say.

Old 09-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #156
Ashenthorn

Brown Belt

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahrenheit1221 View Post
So the argument against women's MMA is that Jose Aldo doesn't use enough leg kicks?

Old 09-09-2013, 11:31 AM   #157
Mythrel

Blue Belt

I have no problems with WMMA. I enjoy their fights. Hell most of the time, it's the best fight on the card.

I go to local MMA fights all the time and 85% of the time, the best fight on the card is the women's battle.