Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-31-2014, 10:36 PM   #121
Kenro199x

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
"Crucial moment" lol

Kenro199x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:38 AM   #122
AresDesideratus

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyemilio View Post
You're a bafoon.

The point isn't that "It's okay to cheat." The point is that there's a system in place to deal with violations. Not all offenses lead to DQ's or even point deductions. Sometimes you get a warning first. That's what happened. Aldo was warned. He complied. And as soon as he let go of the fence he was taken down. That's exactly and precisely how it should work.

And you are another one who might as well put up a neon sign that you've never played a sport in your life. This is how sports work... especially combat sports. The ref is there to maintain order and flow... not to step in and take points at every opportunity.

The only reason groin shots and eye pokes and strikes to the back of the head or kicks to the head of a downed opponent result in a sop to the action is because these things cause damage to the fighter. Often there is no point taken in these instances either... just a warning and then it's right back where they left off.

Why would you need to stop the action for a fence grab? Give the warning and let the fight continue.
You call me a bafoon but actually that's you mofo. I know and agree with all that shit you just said, but why do you need to make shit up? I never said they should have stopped the action for grabbing the fence. Retard.

And by giving a "warning" for every foul is basically guaranteeing that a fighter can cheat at least once in each fight without any punishment.

ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

Last edited by AresDesideratus; 09-01-2014 at 10:48 AM.
AresDesideratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:44 AM   #123
AresDesideratus

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ligthandshadow View Post
You just don't get it either:
Reality involves things as they actually occur and examining the results that follow.

You have to accept the rules violation as part of the fight and part of the official result despite the fight being "altered." In reality, the natural course followed... had there been no warning or if it had been repeatedly done, I would take a lot more issue than in this case.

Look, I wanted Mendes to WIN THE FIGHT.
I want Mendes to WIN THE REMATCH.

But that doesn't mean I let that persuade me in the analysis of the first fight; Mendes was outstruck, failed every takedown, and was ko'd.

Clinging to the fence grab as a crutch that Mendes could have possibly slammed and ko'd Aldo doesn't change the fact that it didn't happen. I simply take the high road that Mendes did not commit a foul against Aldo, but Aldo committed a foul against Mendes.
I agree with your first point.

I agree with the second point but disagree that the natural course of the fight was followed. The "natural" course of a fight doesn't include breaking the rules. It especially doesn't include breaking a specific rule which allowed someone to stop a takedown on an opponent whose only chance of winning was to take him down. At that point they veered off the natural course of the fight and onto a different course of the fight, one that included a blatant fence grab by Aldo.

That's cool that you wanted Mendes to win.

Of course, you can't let what you want persuade your analysis of the fight. That would be stupid.

I'm not clinging to anything. The fence grab is a part of what happened in that fight. Can't just ignore it.

ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Old 09-01-2014, 10:46 AM   #124
Steve08

Silver Belt

vCash: 2008
re: Mendes's chances of taking down Aldo w/o fence grabs...

shoves the head + shoulders to disrupt attempt then pivots out.. jizzzzz

look at the fucking TDD man, Mendes was really going for that single

I might .gif all the ~6 stuffed takedowns in that fight just to quiet you skeptic fucks.

More eye candy:

Yeah.

And of course, the elephant in the room here would be the fact that, even though both Mendes AND Edgar were able to briefly take Aldo to the canvas, both utterly failed to establish control of him or keep him there for much longer than 10 seconds.

M-1 Global is the shit.

Only Non-Champion Cruz fans are real
Steve08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:50 AM   #125
AresDesideratus

Blue Belt

Yeah Mendes really got destroyed in that fight. It's too bad Aldo cheated.

ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Old 09-01-2014, 10:53 AM   #126
Steve08

Silver Belt

vCash: 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by AresDesideratus View Post
It's too bad Aldo cheated.
It is, but let's not pretend that version of Mendes actually had anything for Aldo even ignoring the foul. Do I wish he had done that, no.. but let's call a spade a spade.

A few inside and outside low kicks by Chad + a couple failed takedown attempts, and Aldo had his whole game figured out in 2 minutes.

M-1 Global is the shit.

Only Non-Champion Cruz fans are real
Steve08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:32 PM   #127
AresDesideratus

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve08 View Post
It is, but let's not pretend that version of Mendes actually had anything for Aldo even ignoring the foul. Do I wish he had done that, no.. but let's call a spade a spade.

A few inside and outside low kicks by Chad + a couple failed takedown attempts, and Aldo had his whole game figured out in 2 minutes.
Well, let's not pretend anything, how about that? "Aldo would have won anyway" is, sorry to say, pretending.

ก็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Old 09-01-2014, 03:36 PM   #128
RageRoider

Blue Belt

everyone is allowed 1-2 fence grabs, 1-2 eye pokes and 1-2 low blows before point deduction ,i say yes he is allowed ,how can you stop him?

RageRoider is offline   Reply With Quote