Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 03-31-2014, 11:19 AM   #61
Sac423

Brown Belt

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleFightFan View Post
or, you're simply reading all the wrong threads.

it's a major part of mma history, man. not knowing this story is like not knowing who Sakuraba fought after beating Royce Gracie. or the content (and context) of the link i posted above.

maybe YOU should browse sherdog more selectively i would argue that knowing (and grokking) the history of mma is more important than forum keyboard warrior sher-drama. then again, i'm very susceptible to the sher-drama myself so wtf do i know.

cheers.
I get on Sherdog, sift through titles on 1st page, click some that interest me. I have seen many KH vs Marcelo threads. No KH knocking Wandy out threads. It's not that I should do anything, since I'm not complaining saying "This thread again..". It's that some of YOU guys should put down the mouse lol.

Old 03-31-2014, 11:26 AM   #62
SeattleFightFan

Gold Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sac423 View Post
I get on Sherdog, sift through titles on 1st page, click some that interest me. I have seen many KH vs Marcelo threads. No KH knocking Wandy out threads. It's not that I should do anything, since I'm not complaining saying "This thread again..". It's that some of YOU guys should put down the mouse lol.
maybe.

depends on what you want i suppose. i originally came to sherdog to learn more about the sport. but that was back in '02 or so, and even then i had a lot to learn about the previous 10 years. so i did.

somewhere along the way people started coming here for other reasons. or maybe they always did, i dunno.

so how does one learn the history? i actually got a lot of knowledge from this forum. but not always from page 1.

i'm sure you get out of it exactly what you want. but i would still argue that not knowing the history == not having modern context. not just with mma either.

regardless, i'm glad TS finally got his answer. and you finally heard this story. have a good week, sir.

Old 03-31-2014, 11:27 AM   #63
Wand4Life

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by countswagula View Post
There is literally no way you can spin this to portray KH in the right, the man is clearly dissimulated and violent, he has several violent crimes under his belt including assault on a pregnant woman - absolute scum. And you'd be pretty naive to take his word on knocking Wanderlei out as well, considering there's absolutely no evidence of it and Wanderlei went on to beat a much better fighter in Arona that same night, you can't fight like that if you've just suffered a concussion.
Exactly this. In all honesty, the only story you need to hear to make a judgement on this, is Krazy Horse's.

Knocking out 10 people in a room by himself, bruce lee side kicking everyone, ninja flipping out the front door, his story changes multiple times from being alone by himself to having a friend there who helped him out, apparently 1 punched Wand out cold with bare knuckles and there isn't even a slight mark on Wands face afterwards....

Literally even KH's friends are hysterically laughing out loud as he's telling this story. I've heard more legit stuff in the 3rd grade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Fury View Post
This. Wand could have just said that KH was full of shit and everyone would have believed him.
That's literally the only evidence for that view? "Wand won't talk about it"?
He also won't talk about the well known story of him KO'ing Shogun for the puppy.
It's common courtesy and tactfulness. Go ask him about old training stories. He won't answer, I've tried.

Old 03-31-2014, 11:29 AM   #64
fightfan84

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sac423 View Post
It gets posted once every 3 months, that's all, and everytime its the same conversation people have about it. Its as famous of an mma story as tito and lee murray

fightfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:10 PM   #65
taedium

Brown Belt

vCash: 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wand4Life View Post

That's literally the only evidence for that view? "Wand won't talk about it"?
He also won't talk about the well known story of him KO'ing Shogun for the puppy.
It's common courtesy and tactfulness. Go ask him about old training stories. He won't answer, I've tried.
He did talk about it on the voice with MS. Kinda hard to understand if I remember correctly.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:15 PM   #66
Still Holdin

Purple Belt

I dont think he did, but Wand would go on after that night to be KO'd twice (After Arona and Hunt)

Old 03-31-2014, 12:21 PM   #67
MarkHammer
And still...

vCash: 4192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Drago View Post
I seen't it.
I lol'ed.

MarkHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:24 PM   #68
SuperNerd
Off Season Mode.

via flying head kick

Old 03-31-2014, 12:28 PM   #69
tat2man5k

Brown Belt

Seems like I saw a video where Wandy was asked, and he just grinned. Didn't confirm, but sure didn't deny either.

WW Fitch NBK Kos Riggs
LW Gomi Bendo
FW KZ Aldo MTB
BW Barao
Women Cyborg
tat2man5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:42 PM   #70
MyPainYourGain

Brown Belt

No way, just listen to his story, and in a PRIDE book they pretty much said he suckepunched him but didnt KO him or anything

MyPainYourGain is offline   Reply With Quote