Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:13 PM   #11
Danespina

Green Belt

vCash: 500
Munhoz did good btw. Assuncao was frustrated at points.

Danespina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:14 PM   #12
iloveufc123

Brown Belt

vCash: 119
Tell us how you really feel, bud.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:29 PM   #13
JonSnitchPhones

Red Belt

vCash: 500
Munhoz was far from the best bw prospect outside a major org, let alone the UFC. He doesn't even have close to the talent of Sterling. And I'd easily take Almeida over him. I'd take a number of other guys too, if I'd seen them I'm sure. I thought he would have deserved to lose to Jeff Curran if that were a 3-round fight, and it's pretty telling what UFC thought of him when they didn't sign him until 10-0 and for a short notice fight. The guy has short limbs, poor explosion, and doesn't have the high-level wrestling or creativity to compensate for those issues. Forget that he lost against Assuncao, which is no shame in your debut. But he just didn't look like he had a chance in there. Even a guy like Holloway when he had just turned 20, showed some things against Poirier when he was blatantly over-matched in his debut.

Assuncao doesn't deserve a title shot really, when his last two wins were hollow. Beating Munhoz should add next to nothing to his case, and neither should a 50/50 against Dillashaw which he got in part because he was in Brazil. If that was in the States, Dillashaw would have gotten it. And it would have been equally askew. I would like to see them rematch for the title shot. It could be booked immediately. It's not like Assuncao took any damage.