Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Worldwide MMA Discussion

Worldwide MMA Discussion This is the place for all non-UFC/WEC/Pride events, including Strikeforce, Affliction, HDNet Fights, Cage Rage, KOTC, ROTR, Shooto, and the like.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:10 PM   #141
VulcanNervPinch

Black Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigj383 View Post
Did they fire the COO as well because Bjorn clashed heads with Viacom
It's entirely possible the COO is a close buddy of Bjorn's and/or pissed Viacom folks off with vigorous defenses of Bjorn's philosophy and staying loyal to Bjorn in various ways.

It's also entirely possible Coker simply wants his own right-hand man and has someone in mind.

Sports teams very frequently clear out the GM and the HC at the same time.

VulcanNervPinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:48 PM   #142
TheonGreyJoy**
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamboPunch View Post
For people like Da Speeit and other plats, it's all about being cool and popular on the internet.

Without that account, he has no reason to come here.
but honestly, the only ones I have seen act like there is some type of post count cred are the Plat's who seem to have this odd internet cred fascination and mutual back slapping. I've never understood the pride in post count or being a Plat, but I guess to each their own.

TheonGreyJoy** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:53 PM   #143
SamboPunch

Silver Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheonGreyJoy View Post
but honestly, the only ones I have seen act like there is some type of post count cred are the Plat's who seem to have this odd internet cred fascination and mutual back slapping. I've never understood the pride in post count or being a Plat, but I guess to each their own.
They're not all like that, some are cool. They just seem to have a sort of self entitlement that gets old after awhile. And believe me, there are plenty of posters that arent plat that are 10x worse. The difference is they sign up for plat accounts.

A lot of their opinions are garbage because they're usually based off of what other people say and not their own thoughts that they're obviously not capable of. They don't want to say anything too in depth because they're afraid they might look stupid and they know their names stick out because of the plat account. Then you have people who are afraid to call them out because they act like such bigot morons, you can't even expect to get a rational debate out of them because they're so offended you made fun of their opinion. I used to never say anything to them, but if they say something stupid I definitely let them know now.

You just gotta be around a little longer to see how fucking sad some of them are. A lot of them come and go when they realize they can't hang with people who aren't self entitled idiots.

SamboPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:27 AM   #144
trane

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamboPunch View Post
They're not all like that, some are cool. They just seem to have a sort of self entitlement that gets old after awhile. And believe me, there are plenty of posters that arent plat that are 10x worse. The difference is they sign up for plat accounts.

A lot of their opinions are garbage because they're usually based off of what other people say and not their own thoughts that they're obviously not capable of. They don't want to say anything too in depth because they're afraid they might look stupid and they know their names stick out because of the plat account. Then you have people who are afraid to call them out because they act like such bigot morons, you can't even expect to get a rational debate out of them because they're so offended you made fun of their opinion. I used to never say anything to them, but if they say something stupid I definitely let them know now.

You just gotta be around a little longer to see how fucking sad some of them are. A lot of them come and go when they realize they can't hang with people who aren't self entitled idiots.
I agree a lot of them are unable to have a rational debate. like they are unable to defend themselves on an intellectual level and will just post bullshit responses(like gifs, sarcastic remarks, etc).

trane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:53 AM   #145
Fugazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsiN View Post
i feel something fishy is happening here. might be the conspiracy theorist in me. but why coker? dude has his own failed promotion (when u sell ur org to another org because the money was good then ur promotion is a failure, just how i look at it) and was kicked out of the picture by UFC. for some reason, i have a feeling zuffa heads are involved in all this, im starting to think bellator was purchased by zuffa or someshit. its just odd bjorn is out of the picture suddenly now, im still waiting for some other news to hit about this matter, something else is definitely at play tho, at least how im seeing it.
SVSE wanted to sell and Coker couldn't find another viable option. The Nashville brawl killed their TV deal and Fedor got expensive.
Coker had good intentions with Fedor, but He and M-1 ultimately took too big a piece of pie in hindsight.
UFC hasn't bought Bellator and may not ever, there's very little upside to that transaction. The talent pool is shallow and the fight library isn't really worth the money.
Coker was otherwise expendable in the UFC, no real job description to speak of.

Fugazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 04:05 PM   #146
caliboi74lv

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesAbove View Post
And yet FallonFoxGoat is allowed to continue.

C'mon mods.
LOL! Yeah that fuckin blue text, FFS!

Old 06-28-2014, 04:14 PM   #147
caliboi74lv

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Shadows View Post
hopefully they banned Da Speeit for liking the vines(?) [could be the hives, whatever terrible band he liked].
LOL! The Vines suck. The Hives were garage type rock, ok tho.