Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 01-20-2014, 11:20 PM   #311
Pem123

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun Rising View Post
The typical case of 'white pride' implies superiority and in many cases a support of genocide.

The typical case of 'black pride' or 'brown pride' implies a sense of uniqueness as well as self-empowerment in the face of hardship and prejudicial societal norms.

This reality of perception might be unfair to the handful of people trying to celebrate their heritage by wearing kilts and viking helmets, but for the staggering mass percentage of cases you see, anyone 'proud to be white' falls into the former category listed at the beginning of my post. It's a common sense thing, and something we see white people tactfully do to circumvent this reality of perception is to embrace their specific cultural heritage with Irish Pride or Scottish Pride or whatever rather than the 'white pride' that has been done to death for decades by redneck white supremacists.
well society need to work on erasing that perception, because that some high level racist shit in there.

every race did terrible thing in the past, its not an excuse to bring some race down because on what they did in the past

“When you’re the best fighter in the world today, they don’t call you a great fighter. They call you Chael Sonnen, beat me IF YOU CAN"
Pem123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:24 PM   #312
The Real Pedro

Red Belt

vCash: 11777
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkHammer View Post
Surely I'm not the only person who finds this absolutely pathetic? And I'm a white dude from the US.
White dudes from the US are the demographic most likely to dislike his statement, imo.

I've personally got no problem with an immigrant's son showing love to the old country. Of course, his tattoo shows pride to his race rather than to a country, and racial pride gets ugly fast.

Favorite fighters
SHW: Zhang Fei
HW: Gilgamesh
LHW: Beowulf
MW: Hector
WW: John Carter
LW: King David
FW: Wiglaf
BW: Cuchulain of Muirthemne
FLW: Baldwin IV of Jerusalem
The Real Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:26 PM   #313
Southpaw

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taric View Post
I'm pretty sure the only dudes everybody likes are retired. Genki Sudo, Bas Rutten, etc.
Actually, I find Bas a little annoying. He seems cool but isn't nearly as funny as people seem to think he is.

Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:30 PM   #314
Dutchman101

Orange Belt

Anthony Pettis

Dutchman101 is offline   Reply With Quote