Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2014, 01:50 PM   #11
Yojimbow
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: this is brazew
Posts: 990
vCash: 500
i always thought that we evolved to have glass jaws, getting KTFO'ed would serve as a way to play dead to potential predators, once they let their guard down you can go surprise mothafuka

Yojimbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:15 PM   #12
elzar

Red Belt
 
elzar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,510
vCash: 500
sometimes these evolutionary biology theories read like "just-so" stories.

.....and that's how the tiger got his spots!

elzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:19 PM   #13
mchestnut
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by elzar View Post
sometimes these evolutionary biology theories read like "just-so" stories.

.....and that's how the tiger got his spots!
Very true, and unless you have and can measure sets knuckles/hand bones for damage in conjunction with the evolution of facial bone growth you really cant put 2 and 2 together. That's just one reason why its a theory and not fact. However I thought the article was short, and an interesting read.

Now back to the other 85 threads on Ross Pearson

mchestnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:24 PM   #14
SpartanKhmy

Orange Belt
 
SpartanKhmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The land before time
Posts: 405
vCash: 500
I have a theory too. While the two brick jawed brutes were busy knocking each other's block off, their small, glass jawed male counterpart was busy fucking their wives. Thus modern sherdoggers were born...

SpartanKhmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:27 PM   #15
Rex Kwon Do
 
Rex Kwon Do's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 23,216
vCash: 1059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yojimbow View Post
i always thought that we evolved to have glass jaws, getting KTFO'ed would serve as a way to play dead to potential predators, once they let their guard down you can go surprise mothafuka
How would lying on the ground, completely defenseless, help you avoid being eaten by a lion?

__________________
”Great chess match, Joe.”

- Mike Goldberg, said while Derrick ”Black Beast” Lewis rains down massive, sloppy GnP sledgehammers on Jack May, a kickboxer with no ground game

11/2 MOLON LABIA
Rex Kwon Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:29 PM   #16
Just Feed

Orange Belt
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The Pale
Posts: 269
vCash: 500
So, as per the theory of evolution, this is what the male species will evolve into

Just Feed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:30 PM   #17
Rozko

Blue Belt
 
Rozko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 674
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Kwon Do View Post
How would lying on the ground, completely defenseless, help you avoid being eaten by a lion?
Pitty induced starvation?

__________________
I sought to look upon the Earth, I beheld against the background of cold, humorous stars only the dying sun and the pale mournful planets searching for their sister.
Rozko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:32 PM   #18
Fruitsaladsushi

Yellow Belt
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 177
vCash: 500

Fruitsaladsushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:33 PM   #19
Halliburton

Orange Belt
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by elzar View Post
sometimes these evolutionary biology theories read like "just-so" stories.

.....and that's how the tiger got his spots!
Tigers don't have spots.

Told.

Halliburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:57 PM   #20
elzar

Red Belt
 
elzar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 8,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchestnut View Post
Very true, and unless you have and can measure sets knuckles/hand bones for damage in conjunction with the evolution of facial bone growth you really cant put 2 and 2 together. That's just one reason why its a theory and not fact. However I thought the article was short, and an interesting read.

Now back to the other 85 threads on Ross Pearson
haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halliburton View Post
Tigers don't have spots.

Told.
re-haha

or should i say something like, "i meant to say 'six spotted tiger beetle' but auto-correct fucked it up"?

elzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Latest Threads



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 PM.

Sherdog.com Forum Rules Clear Cookies Social Groups Lost Password
Contact Us - Sherdog Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices

Skin made by Alex. © iStyles.uni.cc Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
forums.sherdog.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.
monitoring_string = "fd5733925866a04e50edd70f38dfaa35"
monitoring_string = "603ac9fff68f23709f2a42bf5e29272b"