Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:35 PM   #101
BigGulp

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
Never disliked, but the whole GOAT talk was cringeworthy for a guy who had horrible TDD.

You can't be the GOAT if you have a massive hole in your game. Which is why I picked the chris and wasn't shocked that the chris beat Anderson twice, but how he beat him.

edit: i want to add that i think the chris is a little delusional saying he was the better fighter, the chris had some advantages over Anderson, but i really believe in a 5 round fight w/o the freak endings, Anderson would show he has the better stand up.

BigGulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:44 AM   #102
eiyuu

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades86 View Post
You must not know how these things work. If Anderson says no adamantly to the media with Jones/Shogun the UFC is not going to waste time and effort to draw up a contract and make him fight above his weight. Guarantee if Anderson said yes the UFC would have drawn up a contract that week. I know Shogun was asked that night he KO'd Machida because the fans really wanted that fight. But you can go ahead and cling to whatever you can to make yourself feel better.....
So what you're saying is, you have no proof that the fight was never pursued thus Anderson couldn't turn it down. Thank you. That's all that needs to be said.

- PRIDE
- IVC

Saying a fighter "almost won" or had a "near win" is akin to saying someone "almost" or "nearly defused a bomb"
eiyuu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:57 AM   #103
synyster

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frode Falch View Post
I am more interested in hearing from you. why did you dislike him? i want to know what make a hater hate..

tel me everything.
he cried after his losses in pride, he tried to kill one of the best coaches in MMA cause he is too emotional, he show boats, he runs away from fighters that dont play into his hand, he kissed chris weidman, annoying fan base.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:00 AM   #104
Helmut Zemo

Blue Belt

He's never been a favourite of mine but I'd tune in for most of his fights and have always respected his craft and what he's done for MMA.

Werdum|Gegard|DJ|Gus
Barnett|Fe|Hunt|APettis|TJD|NBK|Alvarez

MJohnson|Wonderboy|Tarec|Maia|Eagle|JorgeM|Curran|Gunni|Thominhas

Yoel|Rukus|Backstrom|Scog
Helmut Zemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:31 AM   #105
BrazilianDude

Silver Belt

vCash: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by synyster View Post
he cried after his losses in pride, he tried to kill one of the best coaches in MMA cause he is too emotional,
Us brazilians are emotional people... Not defending it. It's just how it is.
He didn't really try to kill Cordeiro. He thought about it, went near the gym taking a gun, but gave up. Not the same thing. Make no mistake, neither Cordeiro nor Anderson or any other Chute Boxe fighter/coach was a really nice person back in the day...

Old 07-18-2014, 08:46 AM   #106
NoBiasJustMMA

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosua View Post
Ok man, that's your opinion, GP Shogun was a beast but that wild style would play into the hands of an elite counter striker with power, pin point accuracy and an iron chin to match.

Both legends.
Whenever Pride Shogun fought someone with better striking(Dibate, Overeem x2, Lil Nog) he took them down and beat them up, same would happen to Anderson with both at their best.

MW Weidman
WW Diaz, Lawler, Kampmann
LW Gomi, Pettis, Alvarez, Khabib N.
NoBiasJustMMA is offline   Reply With Quote