Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 01-01-2014, 11:36 PM   #61
J180

Purple Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassDistortion View Post
I understand that they are legal but its a shit technique. Why doesn't anyone else use front knee kicks as much? Because its cheap...and dirty. I am biased but I have seen the fight plenty of times and Jones landed virtually nothing but kicks. Not significant kicks either.
Quote:
Holy shit, man. 3 guys!! That's like .5%!! He will get his soon and once he drops a couple all these "fans" will swing like monkeys from nuts to nuts and continue to live vicariously through fighters.
You said no ones else does those kicks and I purposely gave you two popular names in MMA that people love, who do them. Not only disproving your "Why doesn't anyone else use knee kicks" but pointing out the hypocrisy of most MMA fans, its so bad that it goes unnoticed in your little mind when they fight.

J180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:36 PM   #62
PurpleDrank

Blue Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jase0910 View Post
Pretty much. It's called consensus, because there are always going to be extreme opinions on both ends of the spectrum, based on personal bias. You have your beliefs, they are on the fringe, and you'll not be moved from them. And that's fine.
Again with this bias that you think I have. I have given you my reasoning for not giving the 4th to Jones yet you brush it off as well everyone else gave it to him. Judging is completely objective and I've given you reasoning completely free of bias.

Old 01-01-2014, 11:38 PM   #63
jase0910

Blue Belt

Quote:
And your point is?
You made your own point. I don't need to say anything else.

jase0910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:42 PM   #64
MassDistortion

White Belt

If I changed up my gear every time a team won a super bowl you might be on to something. You and most Jones fans are only interested in the next best thing and most of these posts cement my opinion. And for the record...he is the baddest qb on the planet, no swinging necessary.

MassDistortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:43 PM   #65
jayBMX

Purple Belt

vCash: 106
Fuck. I missed it. I can't believe I still haven't seen this fight

Old 01-02-2014, 10:38 AM   #66
Arne Rud

Purple Belt

vCash: 1008
Jones is dirty and lost the fight

Arne Rud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:44 AM   #67
HereticBD

Brown Belt

Caught the fight on Netflix a few days back. Good fight, but I really don't see the controversy. It was a very close fight, but Jones was in control for 80% of it, regardless of some good strikes landed by Gus.

HereticBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:54 AM   #68
HereticBD

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleDrank View Post
I never said cuts determine outcomes, also just because there wasn't one moment where Jones was rocked doesn't mean he wasn't in any kind of trouble. He was in trouble the whole fight he took a lot of punches to the head. Also look again and the end of the 4th Gus was not wobbly at all. Round 5 the clearest of the fight? How about Round 1 for Gustafsson. Round 2 was not clear for Jones at all it was close but I felt Gus edged it out landed more punches to the head and a clear trip in the beginning. Why do you assume I hate Jones?
He really wasn't at all. Jones controlled the pace of most of the fight. Constantly moving forward, and landing strikes, and attempting multiple takedowns. He ate some good shots, and Gus did get him down once, but that's about it. Like it or not(I personally don't), but "Octagon Control" is still a judging criteria, and Jones was controlling where the fight went for most it.

HereticBD is offline   Reply With Quote