Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 09-04-2014, 05:12 PM   #131
Grey Goose

Green Belt

vCash: 500
It's just frustrating that the guy can't stay healthy. When he fights he shows amazing ability but then he's gone for the year. He's like the Derrick Rose of mma.

Grey Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:28 PM   #132
Xhizors
No soup for you!

vCash: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnitchPhones View Post
People desperate to mock Pettis have the worst gifs and pics to work with.
I'm not a Pettis hater but I made a gif to help them.

Xhizors is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:41 PM   #133
JonSnitchPhones

Red Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shammon View Post
Lol You really like Pettis, huh.
That's a compelling counter.

I do, and explained why you should.

Pettis Gets Justice Against a Melendez Brother in December, B4 Making Shish-Khabib
JonSnitchPhones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:45 PM   #134
JonSnitchPhones

Red Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhizors View Post
I'm not a Pettis hater but I made a gif to help them.

I know about that, and can't tell if it was a legit knockdown, or a slip ala which happened in the other direction a couple times which I acknowledge in the 1st Bendo fight. It's not a real knockdown every time the other guy throws a punch and it kinda hits you. That was a light punch by Bart. I don't know if it was a real knockdown, and neither do you. I'd be interested in what Pettis has to say about it. Only he knows. A good question for next AMA.

Pettis Gets Justice Against a Melendez Brother in December, B4 Making Shish-Khabib
JonSnitchPhones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:53 PM   #135
daniel san

Green Belt

Would have to disagree. Amongst all champs, I think Pettis is by far the weakest. He lost to Clay Guida... I hope he holds the belt for a long time as he's an exciting champ (when he's not hurt), but I see him losing against Melendez and most guys in the top 5 not named Henderson.

daniel san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:04 PM   #136
Shammon

Green Belt

Quote:
I know about that, and can't tell if it was a legit knockdown, or a slip ala which happened in the other direction a couple times which I acknowledge in the 1st Bendo fight. It's not a real knockdown every time the other guy throws a punch and it kinda hits you. That was a light punch by Bart. I don't know if it was a real knockdown, and neither do you. I'd be interested in what Pettis has to say about it. Only he knows. A good question for next AMA.
Dude he gets hit square in the chin and then falls down. If that doesn't count as a knockdown, then I don't know what does. Watch the fight again, even the commentators mention that Bart dropped Pettis and that it was a big moment in the round.

Shammon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:23 AM   #137
rorymachidonald

Purple Belt

Quote:
Sometimes a punch may look weak but have a good effect, it does seem like a knockdown.

btw, thanks for posting about the Reddit AMA, I havent seen anyone posting about it here on Sherdog and I don't follow twitter and the likes of it.