Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 04-10-2014, 09:26 PM   #31
Scamrock

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
I like that fight. Obviously, Rousey will be the favorite, as usual, but Nunes is a good opponent. She has power in her hands and is aggressive. She is well versed in judo and BJJ, and even if she can't match Rousey's judo, she is probably more well equipped to deal with it than most others in the division. She may be competent enough on the ground to defend Ronda's sub attempts a little better than most others. If her defensive grappling and offensive striking are good enough, she could make for a tough opponent.

Scamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:34 PM   #32
Angelassassin53

Black Belt

If she fights and beats Kaufman, or maybe the Duke/Correira winner plus Someone else. Maybe Andrade?

facebook.com/AudioImpulseMusic

http://www.reverbnation.com/audioimpulse
Angelassassin53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:43 PM   #33
ratking
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkain2K View Post
While the noobs are going oooh & ahhh about Holm's latest can-crushing endeavor, every WMMA fan worth his salt knows Nunes is one of the most - if not the most - dangerous opponents for Rousey, by far.
Yeah the chick who got decisioned by D'Alelio and TKOd by Davis is right now arguably her toughest test.

Rousey nuthuggers are post-by-post the dumbest fanbase in Sherdog.

ratking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:58 PM   #34
JarlSkuld

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie77 View Post
Would like to see Nunes have two more fights before calling her a potential contender against Ronda. She needs to defeat either Eye/Kaufman and then Tate/McMann before she's ready to face the Queen of Arms/Livers.
This. If Amanda beats a top 5 person, especially by TKO, she moves to the short line of potential challengers. But so far, the biggest win of her career is probably Julia Budd.

Would she stand a chance against Ronda? Hmmm...she has KO power and so, has a puncher`s chance. But look at Nunes's losses - Alexis Davis, Sarah D`Alelio. These are fighters that are known as good grapplers with a suffocating style. This seems to be Nunes's weak area...and it happens to be the area where Ronda is the best. So, I think Nunes would get a swing or two and then get taken down and...y`know, armbarred. I`d still rather see this fight than Rousey-Carano.

Jarl

Old 04-11-2014, 02:14 AM   #35
Arkain2K
Si vis pacem, para bellum

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelassassin53 View Post
If she fights and beats Kaufman, or maybe the Duke/Correira winner plus Someone else. Maybe Andrade?
May be her injury will heal before Holm and White could come to terms.

I survived "TPF 10 - Let the Streams Fail".
Arkain2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 02:16 AM   #36
Tankeray
come up and get me

Rousey would kill her.

Old 04-11-2014, 02:16 AM   #37
iloveufc123

Black Belt

vCash: 646
She will fight for that title one day. Amanda Nunes is a fucken badass chick!

"I'm ready to take my ass whoopin, it's whatever." - Nick Diaz
iloveufc123 is offline   Reply With Quote