Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion > The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Discussion

The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Discussion Discuss The Ultimate Fighter reality show and Spike-related topics here.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:40 PM   #31
FresnoFightFan

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
I miss the days when there was very little biased post and you could see a troll from a country mile. now everyone seems to flock like sheep to the popular notions.

1-0 sig bets
FresnoFightFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:37 PM   #32
The Editing
Banned

Came here expecting to hear about TS meeting Weidman, possibly in an airport, and him being really nice.

The Editing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:08 PM   #33
LiverpoolUFC

Blue Belt

Herky jerky Ben rothwell, is that reference to his Vera fight? Lmfao

LiverpoolUFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:08 PM   #34
mmafan0

Blue Belt

vCash: 533
Just exactly who is "overrating" Weidman, anyway?

The guy is undefeated and EARNED his spot as #1 middleweight and UFC champion by rising up through the ranks and then beating Anderson Silva twice. Those accomplishments speak for themselves.

However, I've seen no MMA publications put in him in the top 3 of any p4p ranking, despite Anderson previously being #1.

So how is he overrated?

Old 01-25-2014, 06:09 PM   #35
Ricki

White Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konighter View Post
I think Weidman is becoming a bit overrated. I mean, besides Anderson, who has he fought that has some "legacy" in the sport? Demian Maia? Mark Munoz? Tom Lawlor?
IMO, the 2 wins over AS don't mean much. In the first, Silva was knocked out because was being jerk. If he had not pretend he was getting rocked he wouldn't be even hitted. He almost didn't attack. In the second one, we saw a intimidated Silva, with small confidence, and had the bad luck for what happened to him. Also, Silva has a very bad TDD, which means he can be taken down with some ease.
I don't think Weidman is a bad fighter. Not at all. He is very good and one of the top fighters at 185. I just don't see him doing good fighting people like Machida, Belfort, even Jacare. They are on level above. Besides having a great amount of experience.
I can't see Weidman taking down machida, and for sure Chris would be destroyed standing. Vitor has a solid game, and is so strong right now, that would probably KO Chris unless he took him down. Jacare BJJ is just great, and has good standup.
Silva is not what he used to be, and he was a good matchup for Chris unlike this others fighters.
This is the TUF forum. Please take your opinion to a thread that is relevant. I don't know if Sherdog has a "whine and bitching" section though.

Ricki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:36 PM   #36
Godzilla3232

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearGrounds View Post
And the day has come where beating Anderson Silva twice is considered no big deal on Sherdog. We all thought it would never arrive but it is now upon us. It is here. And now, it will never leave....
Anderson's fans would rather claim he's washed up then admit the Anderson they idolized, 37 year old Anderson, was beatable. They'll throw Anderson under the bus every day to protect their fuzzy memories and avoid reality.

Godzilla3232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:48 PM   #37
CO68

Brown Belt

What a load of shit. Someone like Silva loses (and twice...) and all you get is excuses. Silva showboats in other fights and still wins with ease, but does it against Weidman and gets put to sleep, so let's use that as an excuse. Let's forget that Silva effectively has used that showboating in a number of other fights to take his opponent out of his game. Let's forget that Silva didn't do it in the 2nd fight and just say it was all luck even though Silva nearly got KO'd again. Also, Silva doesn't have bad TDD and can't be taken down with ease. His TDD is listed at 70% by Fightmetric and 79% by the UFC. Lutter had success taking him down, but that was 7 fucking years ago. You're not impressed with Weidman who has beaten Silva twice, but you are with Jacare? Who has Jacare beaten that's close to Silva? Silva beat Okami with ease and that was just 2 fights before facing Weidman. Pull your head out of your ass if that's possible.

Quote:
And, as I have said before, if he had beaten a 33 year old, for example, AS I would consider it very very impressive
You're very, very high on Belfort, but a 36 year old Silva destroyed him, and then Silva went on to destroy all of his opponents after that until he faced Weidman. So, Belfort's win over Dan Henderson wasn't impressive at all since Hendo wasn't 33 and was nearly 10 years older than that? His wins over Rockhold and Bisping aren't impressive because they don't really have much in the way of wins over guys with "legacy in the sport"? What about Machida? His wins over Hendo and Couture aren't impressive because they weren't 33? You don't seem to think much of Bader and Munoz, so what does Machida have over the past 4 years?