Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Muay Thai and Kickboxing

Muay Thai and Kickboxing Fist and Feet Fighting Forum Discussion.

Old 02-24-2014, 11:14 AM   #11
whitesport

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Live streaming from Thailand can be a pain in the ass, i just don´t get why don´t stream their fights delayed, just record them, upload to a good server and stream from there?

- Andy Ristie
whitesport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:35 AM   #12
Rollermanskunk

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignashov View Post
Golden glory did a big mistake when they named thier promotion GLORY. They should have bought k-1 brand when it means something, not only a joke. k-1 brand is still way more known in world than ufc, pride, glory all at once, but in this moment they are a joke and people don't take this brand serious anymore.

k-1 had all these WGP Local tournaments. WGP Regional Tournamnets. Final 16 WGP. Final 8 WGP. The name. The logo. The music. The PR. And of course most of thier events were held in Asia, when the atmosphere/feeling was incredible. The fans, The entrance, the light, fire special effect show, the the girls, the japanese ring announcers. That was mad.
Actually they sold the rights (they gave their word and shook hands) to Glory first but within 24 hours they changed their mind and sold it to Mr. Kim.

Old 02-24-2014, 03:35 PM   #13
buffalo108

White Belt

My guess is Mr. Kim lost a lot of money with the previous events so he is doing what he can given his limited resources.

K-1 is not dead, but at this point its popularity is at rock bottom.

buffalo108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:14 PM   #14
Bang Rachan

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadess View Post
They tried, they couldn't. People running Glory aren't stupid. Obviously they wanted to start off with the established K-1 name but that fell through so they went on without.

I don't get the people on this forum at all. Yokkao and K-1 getting shit from people for seemingly running a stable enough organizations but because they aren't throwing huge moneyburner shows they are shit. Then Legend being raised to be something awesome for kickboxing when all they are doing is burning money with no future in sight. Stability is hugely underrated here.
Good pount, never thought of that.

Bang Rachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:51 PM   #15
Douglas fir

Yellow Belt

It's not dead it just sucks , you need to move on from what your memory tells you K-1 is and realize that now it's something different

Douglas fir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:51 AM   #16
kimocomplex

Purple Belt

unfortunately yes

i have been following this Max tournament but only interested in 1 or 2 other fights on the cards

Old 02-27-2014, 02:52 PM   #17
Stormtrooper85

Brown Belt

What was the decision behind breaking up the actual tournament? I was looking at the final 4 videos trying to find the actual final but it didn't happen on that card????

Buakaw vs Khel will be another one sided beating and hopefully Buakaw will sign with Glory, even Cro Cop left K1 despite them gift wrapping a tourney for him

Old 02-28-2014, 12:32 AM   #18
VicariousVice

Blue Belt

I havnt given up on it, but I'm not necessarily excited when they announce an event. It's kinda like "Hey cool, another event I can watch, hope it's entertaining". If they didn't have Buakaw, I'd watch their events like I would an Enfusion event; hoping to see decent fights, but not expecting a whole lot... then again it's sort've how I watch them now. The production quality is comparable too.

Box: El Chacal, SOG.

MT: Jom, The Boxing Computer.

MMA: Jr., Showtime.
VicariousVice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:05 AM   #19
Blackened

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignashov View Post
Golden glory did a big mistake when they named thier promotion GLORY. They should have bought k-1 brand when it means something, not only a joke. k-1 brand is still way more known in world than ufc, pride, glory all at once, but in this moment they are a joke and people don't take this brand serious anymore.

k-1 had all these WGP Local tournaments. WGP Regional Tournamnets. Final 16 WGP. Final 8 WGP. The name. The logo. The music. The PR. And of course most of thier events were held in Asia, when the atmosphere/feeling was incredible. The fans, The entrance, the light, fire special effect show, the the girls, the japanese ring announcers. That was mad.
Yeah, perfect format.

Blackened is offline   Reply With Quote