Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:26 AM   #51
LongSlenderBody
I just love to Stand and Bang

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie View Post
Actually that clip is from the downside of the Tyson career and he looks like an angry and immature man in need of emotional help. He lost badly vs. Lennox Lewis in that fight. Tyson's fighting peak was with D'Amato, Jacobs, Rooney and Atlas where he was more sheltered, in control and smack talking less. The wild and crazy Mike Tyson on drug binges who didn't train as hard was the hard smack talker during his Don King era. Then a journeyman fighter like Buster Douglas took the belt from Iron Mike. He was no longer invincible. It was sad for me because I started out a big Tyson fan with the towel with a hole cut out, the early KO's and his diligent study of older boxers to learn and know their history. Mike Tysons today would cringe at the viewing of this video clip. I'm an old timer and have followed boxing since the mid 1960's. However, boxing is very corrupt and watered down plus one dimensional, which is why I much prefer MMA at this time.

I would like to see MMA fighters get better pay so mid-tier pro fighters actually make money on each fight after subtracting training and medical expenses. A medical plan for the fighters and a monthly allowance for training, then the fight checks can be smaller since they would essentially be a bonus instead of their only revenue. If a fighter gets injured while training for a fight and misses the fight, they don't get paid but the training and medical bills still arrive every month. If the UFC is a big business that will eventually rival the NFL, then they can take steps to protect and build its talent pool thus bringing more athletes to the table.
The history of my journey as a fight fan

Please don't think I meant this was Tyson at his best, simply showing the last fighter who I believe was able to rant on the level of Conor McGregor, but I'll admit, a poor way to introduce the legend to those that are unfamiliar with him. I watched every televised Tyson fight live at the pub with my Dad until this one. I couldn't bear to watch him go on any longer. A childhood hero devolved into a shell of a human being.

My father and Grandfather were boxing fanatics; both of them fought professionally at a high level in Australia. My father still refuses to watch MMA, regardless the admission of the decline of the sweet science. The link is to my thread on the topic similar to which you describe in your second paragraph.

I apologize for the bad taste in which this video was linked.

WAR MENDES!!

Fedor
Hughes
Randy
Chuck
Rampage
McGreGOAT
LongSlenderBody is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:36 AM   #52
Archon

Blue Belt

He is interesting
But you nuthuggers are just sissies who make me dislike him sometimes

Old 08-11-2014, 07:44 AM   #53
synyster

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitsbrah View Post
Anderson Silva?

-Both came into the UFC very dominant strikers, with 2 fairly recent submission losses. Anderson a Cage Rage champion, McGregor a 2 division Cage Warrior champion.

-Both have an certain aura about them, making opponents afraid before they even step into the cage. And once in the cage both make their opponents feel very afraid and almost stupid to even strike with them. (How tentative he made Holloway, with simple taunting)

-Supreme confidence in both their ability and chin. Both better as a counter striker, but can take out people coming forward if need be.

-Tall and rangy, with great distance control. Along with really deceptive power.

-Both with very subtle crazy hand feints/movements, with great dexterity in their legs.

add if you got anymore.
inb4 both GOAT
and the UFC is feeding both of them taylor made opponents

Old 08-11-2014, 07:45 AM   #54
TheWolfsHowl

vCash: 344
Silva had a title shot after his first fight in the UFC.

Conor has not had one yet.

/thread?

May He grant His blessings upon the War Wagon of Daniel Cormier.
TheWolfsHowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:11 AM   #55
peterparker66

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfsHowl View Post
Silva had a title shot after his first fight in the UFC.

Conor has not had one yet.

/thread?
that could be due to the,number of contenders at the time of their respective arrivals

peterparker66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:39 AM   #56
robbie

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongSlenderBody View Post
The history of my journey as a fight fan

Please don't think I meant this was Tyson at his best, simply showing the last fighter who I believe was able to rant on the level of Conor McGregor, but I'll admit, a poor way to introduce the legend to those that are unfamiliar with him. I watched every televised Tyson fight live at the pub with my Dad until this one. I couldn't bear to watch him go on any longer. A childhood hero devolved into a shell of a human being.

My father and Grandfather were boxing fanatics; both of them fought professionally at a high level in Australia. My father still refuses to watch MMA, regardless the admission of the decline of the sweet science. The link is to my thread on the topic similar to which you describe in your second paragraph.

I apologize for the bad taste in which this video was linked.
Thank you for the thoughtful note. I appreciate your strong interest in the fight game and wish you well.

robbie is offline   Reply With Quote