Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 11-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #41
some random guy

White Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by That209 View Post
First thing's first - I thought Hendricks won, so please don't whine.

It shows that although Hendricks landed more (Hendricks has 142 in total strikes landed, GSP has 125) - GSP landed more significant strikes. it also says GSP completed more TD's.

It then says the performance rating with GSP at 48 and Hendricks at 47, but then it says FightMetric winner = Hendricks 48-47.

Can somebody explain it? I don't fully understand it, I'm not complaining and trying to argue about who won, I just don't understand that it shows GSP landed more significant strikes, more TD's, higher performance rating but it has GSP losing.

GSP landed more TD's, 3 out of 6, Hendricks landed 2 of 4, both having 50% success rate, but the fact GSP landed more must count for something. I just don't understand why it has higher numbers for significant strikes and TD's landed for Georges, along with higher performance rating (only by 1, of course) but it says Hendricks is the FM winner.. is it because they're only really talking about total strikes landed?

Somebody, please explain. I know I'm an idiot.
Total performance rating is not round by round but the fight as whole according to them.

This is actually an issue I find that is common when people are discussing fight results and judging. There is often a lack of clarity and distinction whether or not they are gauging a fight round by round or as a whole.

If you want to look at a fight as round by round for example than total strikes (or any stat of the fight as whole) is a meaningless metric.

some random guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:12 PM   #42
Amygdala

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
It's a decent system to try to quantify fights. I'm for it.

Amygdala is offline   Reply With Quote