Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-12-2014, 06:00 AM   #31
fearoth

Black Belt

vCash: 206
Daniel has better subs.

fearoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:10 AM   #32
Karelinator
Bulgarian pursuittt

vCash: 50
I would agree that Cormier does many things better than Cain.

What really sets Cain apart is the ability to move like fucking ferret on speed WHILE employing efficient, crisp techniques.

It's really insane.

Cogito ergo bum.
Karelinator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:45 AM   #33
PivotPunch

Brown Belt

vCash: 2800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crytek View Post
I believe Cain is the better fighter, period. DC is the better wrestler, period. When it comes to mixing it all up though, Cain is the better man. DC's stretches his jabs out because he has a short reach. And you're nuts if you think he has more varied combos. Cain's combos are mixed up with his wrestling a lot better, but they are very similar. I was watching DC mixing it up, and he reminded me so much of Cain! I just think Cain is more effective with his.

DC said that Cain is faster with his combos as well, which I would have to agree with. DC also said that Cain is a better boxer, that Cain "cuts angles" better than he does.

One thing I can definitely agree with you on is.. DC is harder to hit! lol Cain doesn't play safe like DC does (hence the reason people have given him the name 'Decision Dan'). Cain literally just walks through your punches, and this could be a problem for him in the long run if he doesn't step up his defense. DC's pace is slower because he steps back a lot and is willing to trade. Cain doesn't seem to like to trade, but would rather just bully you.
Cormier's combos with his hands and his defence against punches is better than Cain's.
Cormier has a better jab, a very good left hook both to the body and the head, a better right uppercut than Cain , a very good right hook and he has overall better body punches. And his headmovement is unarguably better

PivotPunch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:00 AM   #34
Fyreborn

Green Belt

vCash: 500
Cain is a better fighter than DC, I don't think there's any doubt about that. He has a higher pace, more pressure, mixes it up better, and a much bigger frame. DC has a very small frame which will be his biggest problem against Jones.

But DC does have more raw grappling strength. And better head movement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightdonttweet View Post
From the fights I've seen, Jones is much better at clinch fighting than DC.
Jones fights smaller fighters. DC would have clinch fucked Glover for instance just as bad, and actually been able to get more TDs. Just my opinion but I'm confident in it.

Jones does NOT want to be in the clinch with DC. This is different than all his past opponents where Jones had a large to massive clinch advantage.

Fyreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:02 AM   #35
SherdogGoat

Black Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crytek View Post
Cain doesn't play safe like DC does (hence the reason people have given him the name 'Decision Dan').
Hendo is called "Decision Dan", when did people start calling DC "Decision Dan"? Are you a new fan unfamiliar with Hendo's nick or am I not in the loop and people have given this name to DC which doesn't make any sense since Hendo was called this because of all his split decision wins.