Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-15-2014, 12:31 AM   #71
RockUmSockUm

Black Belt

vCash: 50
I love JDS but prime Fedor smashed CroCop amongst other dangerous strikers. Plus he has a more complete game so JDS would have been on his back getting subbed or eating GnP. He needs to diversify his training and skills.

RockUmSockUm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:49 AM   #72
MMAPrivateer

Yellow Belt

vCash: 500
I am a huge Fedor fan. Fedor vs. Crocop is probably my favorite fight ever.

Prime Fedor vs. JDS would end even worse for Fedor than when he fought Bigfoot, which is what most knowledgeable MMA fans will tell you.

Old 08-15-2014, 01:20 AM   #73
Lito Lapida

Brown Belt

Fedor by being Fedor.

Lito Lapida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:24 AM   #74
MMAEXP3RT

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabricioWerDOOM View Post
go watch how bad an old cro cop busted up jds. jds won the fight but he got seriously messed up. cro cop just kept blasting him with his straight left over and over again rocking jds several times. fedor beat prime cro cop that could still fire off high kicks like jabs
JDS murdered Cro Cop, Fedor took him to a boring decision. JDS punched Werdum's head into the next dimension, Fedor got subbed by him in 60 seconds.

Old 08-15-2014, 01:24 AM   #75
Captain_Dammitt

Purple Belt

Probably like Cain vs JDS 2 or 3.

I think CroCop was probably a better striker than JDS, and I feel that Cain is not quite as good as Fedor. Maybe I am a little biased but I just can't see JDS beating Fedor. Fedor was too well rounded.

Old 08-15-2014, 01:25 AM   #76
Captain_Dammitt

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaexp3rt View Post
jds murdered cro cop, fedor took him to a boring decision. Jds punched werdum's head into the next dimension, fedor got subbed by him in 60 seconds.
2 + 2 =/= 4

Old 08-15-2014, 01:39 AM   #77
Still Holdin

You guys are writing off Fedor's stand up too easily.

Fedor's fake right cross - into - a jumping left hook lead - into - a clinch (w head movement....the one he used on Goodridge, zulu, etc), would likely cause JDS to react and fire off a counter....his right uppercut/right cross as he stood his ground or moved backwards or turtle into a defensive shell (not likely with JDS as he lets his Chin manage his defense).

JDS would likely move his head with his body into the left hook as he throws the right cross or turn his chin with the upper cut, allowing for no obstructions to Fedors left hook. If Fedor timed him, he could clip him as JDS assumes the powershot is coming and then toss him to the ground easier than a straight up clinch trip or even get the (t)KO. Feints and pawing jabs would help mesh the movements together or at least make JDS assume Fedor's going for it, when he momentarily shifts his body to the left and brings out his right hand. Add in cutting off the ring and keeping a good distance, Fedor was extremely talented for a guy who didn't train in a top camp.

He wasn't just a drunk fat Russian who slung leather like he was in a bar like most want tuf noobs want to assume. Late in his career, he honed his over hand right and polished off Arlovski, Rogers, and Rizzo with it, while he was out of shape and in religious reformation. Jesus took over the strength training and decent training partners and told him to help the kids before his career ended.

Last edited by Still Holdin; 08-15-2014 at 01:48 AM.
Still Holdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:41 AM   #78
Le Smish Smosh

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigano2k14 View Post
I'm not trying to be biased and I completely admire Fedor as a fighter as well, but I believe JDS is just as skilled as Fedor was in all areas.

Definitely not submissions or overall grappling

Old 08-15-2014, 01:44 AM   #79
Lil Smokie

Orange Belt

Fedor via toolage in round 1.

Lil Smokie is offline   Reply With Quote