Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 01-28-2014, 03:52 AM   #61
the ambush

Green Belt

vCash: 8787

He would not have to replace Rogan or Goldy but get this man some type of part time gig. Even if it was a minor role like Eddie Bravo did. Franklin is way too articulate and intelligent to not be onboard somehow with the UFC/Zuffa.

the ambush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:51 AM   #62
waiguoren

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowermmA View Post
The UFC has been awesome lately with great cards and some classic fights. Things seem to keep changing and progressing in the cage but the commentators for the big fights has remained the same.

Goldy and Rogan have been very good over the years calling some of the all time great fights. But as of late, Rogan has fallen away with his bias toward one fighter, his excitement for minor things (oh its deep! Fighter then gets out of sub easily) and his consistent rambling of useless shit. As I said only recently has all of this really caught my attention although I know its happened for years.

Commentating in the UFC has just become stale. Goldy is just too monotonous. Ken Flo and Anik are ok for the fox cards I can not see them doing main events full time though.

Who would you change out ? Goldy or Rogan ? And who with ? Where the hell is Mauro Ranallo is he still calling fights ? This is a not hate thread for either commentator I think they have been excellent over the years. But I believe change is needed to progress.
IMO Beck and Blatnick were an awesome team. Obviously the latter is not available but why not bring back Beck?

BRING BACK BECK! (It has a nice ring to it..)

waiguoren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:27 AM   #63
BPA00

Black Belt

vCash: 944
They should be replaced asap with Mauro and BILL Goldberg.

3. Vitor
4. Big Nog
5. Shogun
BPA00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:29 AM   #64
ilfirin

Brown Belt

I don't want any other commentating in the UFC. Florian and that other douche are both horrible, Stann is a joke of a commentator. Sure, I wouldn't mind throwing Mauro Ranallo into the mix as well though. But I definitely don't want anyone to replace Rogan there.

Old 01-28-2014, 07:40 AM   #65
Rittsy

Blue Belt

Rogan might annoy some of you but he is really good for those who know little about MMA or the more technical aspects of the fight. He never just says "Good kick", it's always "Good kick, you can see the way he's rotating his...etc, etc." and gives that extra bit of info that makes what looks like just a leg kick to the layman into something more complex with a strategy behind it.

Goldy is good because he'll say what he needs too for the broadcast. As in "Welcome to the UFC, brought to you by Bud Light and The Fast and the Furious 6, in cinemas now."...who else would you want to say that?

Rittsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:46 AM   #66
Rape Whistle

White Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot Sylvia View Post
Replace them both. With Seth Rogan and Jeff Goldblum.

They'd still be Goldy and Rogan, just better.
Awesome

Rape Whistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:49 AM   #67
Rape Whistle

White Belt

Cormier and mir

Rape Whistle is offline   Reply With Quote