Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 01-27-2014, 06:36 PM   #171
HIMBOB

Gold Belt

vCash: 29000
Their ability to listen in on the coaches is interesting.

It's distinctly different than notification of an injury as it allows insight into game plans.

Never forget the freedom fry!!!
HIMBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:45 PM   #172
Just The Facts

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIM9192 View Post
I stated earlier in the thread that I suspect corners are not allowed to carry communication devices, so I'm in agreement with the second part. I don't think this sort of thing is happening. That being said, I'm very curious to know whether there actually are measures in place to prevent it from happening because I do think that it can be a major edge.
Agreed. I suspect cornermen are not allowed to carry personal communication devices or at least access them while the fight is taking place. But that's just a guess.

Just The Facts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:44 PM   #173
Barry Lyndon

Blue Belt

I don't think it's a bad question and one I oftentimes dwell about, but if you really think about it everything mentioned or even thought of during the fight is basically public info.

What I don't get sometimes however is when he starts borderline blatantly yelling out actual advice to a fighter...

Barry Lyndon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:56 PM   #174
Reffson

Blue Belt

exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroid View Post
The corner has just as good a view as Rogan, if he can pick all these injuries surely they can too.
Exactly. Rogan was just doing his job, presenting what happened to the fans. If Bendo kicked and buckled Josh's knee, would Rogan have to pretend that Josh isn't having trouble with his leg? Same thing.

I want to know how Josh broke his thumb. Did Bendo bend it back to get him off him? Small joint manipulation was illegal even in the earliest UFC's. Not saying it happened however but I'm curious.

Reffson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:01 PM   #175
lowsingle

Brown Belt

well it hasnt mattered yet, bendo didnt know josh hurt his hand that bad. just that it seemed to be annoying him, which he picked up himself

USA USA USA
lowsingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:04 PM   #176
lowsingle

Brown Belt

also, its an entertainment sport. the whole show is for us, not to cut out coverage for their sake

USA USA USA
lowsingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:24 PM   #177
Marce Porter

Green Belt

I agree 100%.

Some will get butthurt and pretend that scenario would never present itself but it certainly could. And I guarantee it has in past fights, giving the opposing fighter an unfair advantage, especially if his opponent is doing a good job hiding the injury.

"Chael Sonnen typically walks around at 250 pounds, shredded."
-Mike Dolce
Marce Porter is offline   Reply With Quote