Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

View Poll Results: More jaw-dropping?
Chonan sub. 55 47.41%
Weidman KO. 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2013, 01:29 AM   #61
Holic
Yeah! More Sponduli!

vCash: 500
Chonan's was more epic, and he was winning that fight.

At one point in the fight there's a scramble from the ground. Chonan gets up first, and Silva throws a high kick, which Chonan blocks easily. No big deal except Silva was STANDING BEHIND HIM. Chonan blocks the kick without looking. The whole fight went like that except for Silva's body triangle of unending delay.

Chonan, like Weidman, had Silva scouted perfectly.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:46 AM   #62
UniqueSteez

Purple Belt

vCash: 50
It's just something about Knocking your opponent out makes it special, Anderson could have physically still fought even getting heel hooked. It was the pain that made him tap out, not due to him being physically unable to continue. Getting knocked out physically does not let you to continue you have no choice, you simply can't fight once your out unconscious. We have never actually ever seen Anderson to truly physically be unable to continue in a fight, and that is what made it more special in my opinion (No disrespect to the Anderson of course.)

Last edited by UniqueSteez; 07-10-2013 at 01:51 AM.
UniqueSteez is offline   Reply With Quote