Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-22-2014, 11:47 PM   #131
HydralisK

Brown Belt

vCash: 1045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_LioN View Post
but again too much fucking time hugging. I have nothing against Cain I just don't wanna buy a PPV and have people over knowing he's going to do that. Its awkward
Hahaha. I wonder if you've ever had anybody over for a GSP fight? That's even awkward watching it alone.. especially as how he had a tendency to move people around/or smother opponents by jutting his hips forward in full guard.

Bigg Rigg War Wagon. The Chris War Wagon.

Fins up Foes Down.
HydralisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:52 PM   #132
I Hate You

vCash: 500
I speak for most of us here when I say it was definitely a cop-out. Not cool and it was obvious he didn't want to dare stand and trade with a fresh Junior so he had to wear on him like that. So yeah, not cool at all and a lot of fighters see that as weakness, a lack of confidence in your striking game.

Old 07-22-2014, 11:55 PM   #133
hearthstone25

Orange Belt

I don't like having UFC parties anymore. The moment where there isn't alot of action, everyone bitches about how boring it is. It's like everybody thinks it has to be Rocky every second of every fight or else they think the sport sucks.

I've been to american football parties and its nothing like when they watch UFC. They are entertained the whole time while watching the most boring shit ever. I've never made through a full game of football. One play sends my attention span esle where. I guess it's the same with casual ufc fans when they watch fighting.

Cain beat the f**k outta JDS.. I only had a hard time watching it because I can't stand watching a fighter who has no chance and can't do anything while getting destroyed.

hearthstone25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:11 AM   #134
berimBOWLoh

Purple Belt

Cains pace is surreal. Not many guys can do that for 5 rounds, nevermind HWs. Its a taxing style to employ, bullying somebody on the cage, peppering punches/knees in while going for the occasional TD to keep them guessing.

Old 07-25-2014, 02:44 AM   #135
Elminster

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crytek View Post
Why cry like a bitch? Seriously. Cain has NEVER fought anyone against the cage before JDS because that was apart of the game plan. Besides that, all of Cains fights are standing or the other fighter is looking helpless getting beat to a pulp on the ground.

Now all the sudden your blind eyes think Cain is a cage fighter now? That's bs lol He's never used a cage wall before to beat someone up besides JDS, that's a fact.
I wasn't even complaining, just said his style is not for me. But I guess that's "crying like a bitch" to ignorant people like you.

Old 07-25-2014, 02:56 AM   #136
mangokush

Green Belt

It was meh

A fight of that magnitude should be remembered for the ages but for some reason after watching a few rounds it was zzzzzzzzzzz

Pretty forgettable sadly considering who those 2 fighters are

Old 07-25-2014, 03:15 AM   #137
Anthony7

Green Belt

It was smart by Cain.

He tired himself out in the second fight by constantly spamming for takedowns in the first couple rounds, so he just clinched him against the cage in the third fight. He tired JDS out and conserved his energy better.

Anthony7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:18 AM   #138
mmafan559

Blue Belt

cain beats the shit out of one of the toughest dudes on planet earth and people find it boring

mmafan559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:25 AM   #139
moreorless87

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmafan559 View Post
cain beats the shit out of one of the toughest dudes on planet earth and people find it boring
I'd say less boring and more an "okish" fight which is dispointing between the two best HW's with a rep for action.

Unlike Randy's endless clinching vs Vera and Gonzaga that the ref's mysteriously never broke up Cain was actually landed a decent amount on JDS so I don't think theres much case for favouritism here although the potential does exist.

Really for me though the cage as it stands just seems like it only has negative impacts on fighting, lots of clinching against it and when we do see groundwork thats duller too with either the guy ontop unable to work as his opponent can have his back to the cage to escape or happy to stall by pressing him into the cage.

MMA really should be looking to find something between the cage and a ring, maybe ring ropes with netting between them that would have alot more give.

moreorless87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:28 AM   #140
TJC

Green Belt

Fair but boring to watch.

TJC is offline   Reply With Quote