Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:01 PM   #61
CinemaKingdom

Purple Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by faustian View Post
There's nothing funnier on Sherdog than Machida fans who bitch about his losses to Davis and Rampage then turn around and claim he beat Shogun
I think Machida beat Davis and Rampage but lost the first Shogun fight.

Twitter: @JiuJitsu34
CinemaKingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:04 PM   #62
Fresh Burek

Black Belt

Machida beats Shogun convincingly this time. Shogun doesn't have much, if anything, left. Maybe he should try to go down to 185 too.

Fresh Burek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:04 PM   #63
CinemaKingdom

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarateKickbox22 View Post
I said the closest rounds of the fight were the first and fifth rounds. Weidman won the second and third. I had Machida winning the fourth and fifth rounds. The first round was closer than people make it out to be, but I can completely understand why the judges gave Weidman round 1.
I completely agree. People whine about that on here but if you watch the fight Machida landed better (and more) shots than Weidman in the first round (though not a lot happened either way). Weidman being busy missing punches and kicks doesn't make him win. I gave Machida rounds 1 and 4, Weidman rounds 2 and 3 and the fifth round was close, both had their moments.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:07 PM   #64
dawnslayer
space pope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Burek View Post
Machida beats Shogun convincingly this time. Shogun doesn't have much, if anything, left. Maybe he should try to go down to 185 too.
He should but i don't believe he gives a shit, we never hear from him about his plans except to 'keep fighting' he's perfectly content to be a gatekeeper at LHW.

After Machida's performance against Wideman you could conceivably see him facing Jones again before he retires. He is still top tier and a tough fight for anyone in any division.

Shogun? GTFO, he has declined and hard and doesn't seem to be willing to put in the work to be top tier. He left his neck open all day for Chael, walked down Hendo with little footwork and head movement until he ate a brutal TKO, etc.

And that's what he will be if he doesn't change anything up. A has-been gatekeeper who makes his fans sadder and sadder.

dawnslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:07 PM   #65
CinemaKingdom

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by workdiggitz View Post
exactly. machida fans need something to cling on to these days so much so they are trying to tell themselves he actually won that fight...
kinda sad.
id love to see a 3rd fight may the best man win.
You sound delusional in your hate. Machida fans are happier than ever with him right now, he has been dominating at MW and just took the champ to a close fight in an awesome battle (against a guy who has destroyed everyone he has fought including Anderson Silva twice). You sound like you are talking about Shogun where he loses to everyone he fights in the top 10 these days.