Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:00 AM   #431
Nola213

Purple Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
Belfort is a cheater. Fact
He was a cheat. IMO he is still, but he has been skirting the rules with his fights in Brazil and getting away with it, so we can't label him a cheater really. Although we know...what's what.

I'm just glad Chris has enough selling power to be able to have this fight in the States, and not in Brazil.

BTW- Does Vitor really desrve all the title shots he's gotten in the past 3-4 years. It's been basically 1 title shot per year. every other fight. This is what makes the UFC plain silly. They do not build these title fights up correctly. Pre Brock Lesnar, you actually had to do something to EARN your title shot. and if you lost, you had to work your way back up to get another title shot. I'm sure there's anomolies, for a couple Superstars, but that's how it was for most fighters. Now it's a joke.

GSP was smart as hell to get out when he did. All the pressure is on the Champion. Or the challenger If he beat's the Champion, cause more than likely you'll have to fight and beat him again immediately or 1 fight later. So why don't they just make title fights best 2 out of 3, cause that's pretty much what's already going on. It's cheapening the the title shot's, and some title fights.

Also these guys fight 2 times a year Maybe..., with the exception of some Champions who have cleared out divisions, this generation of UFC (Champions and challengers are pampered).

I think the divisions are deep enough that there's no need for the quick title rematches. Build up the lesser known talent, make the fans interest in more than just the Champ and the #1, and #2 contenders in each division.

Nola213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:02 AM   #432
Jet40

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1strikeclothing View Post
TRT didn't help Vitor with those accurate kicks..
Then why does he take it?

Michael Jordan
Jet40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:14 AM   #433
Poseidon

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by UL View Post
I feel sorry for Weidman, he is going to be humbled in a vicious way very soon.
hopefully

Old 01-08-2014, 10:30 AM   #434
CJOtown

White Belt

Silva is one of my top 3 favourite fighters of all time, but I still like Weidman. He's a very impressive, composed and powerful fighter. If he approaches this fight correctly I can see him beating Vitor in impressive fashion. He just has to be careful not to get blitzed.

I'm also anti-TRT but I'm tired of talking about it because the reality is until it's banned (and it should be) athletes are going to continue to find reasons to use an abuse it.

Old 01-08-2014, 01:53 PM   #435
pakifighter2

White Belt

Weidman is right.
Before and after "TRT".

pakifighter2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:27 PM   #436
submiturass

Purple Belt

Bisbing got cheated.