Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 01-04-2014, 02:25 PM   #1
Senbonzakura

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
Who else thinks FN 35 is full of great fights?

Granted maybe 3 or 4 fights besides Rockhold/Philippou (Sicilia/Miller, Larkin/Tavares, Moraga/Ortiz) all have the ability to bring the winner into contender status. The card as a whole has been overwhelmed with a mixed bag of emotions but I'm hearing more that the card is lacking good fights, bull I say all the fights on this are solid matchups and I am throughly excited for this card. It might not have a star powered co main and 3rd fight but boy will it be a night of considerably fun fights!

Old 01-04-2014, 03:17 PM   #2
Jimmy Tuna

Black Belt

vCash: 50
I'll watch it

Jimmy Tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:21 PM   #3
UWanaPlayDaGame

Orange Belt

not me, I'm just looking forward to see how that Palacio fellow is going to fare.

he looks like a beast, has KO'd both his UFC opponents - actually all of his wins are KO's - and if I'm not mistaken dude was an olympic wrestler.

Old 01-04-2014, 03:24 PM   #4
Le Fisticuffs

Orange Belt

Well it's most definitely the weakest line-up of the three Fight Nights we're served in a row. Yes, I even rank the Singapore card over this one. I just can't get excited about almost any of these fights except for the main event, and even that one's a little underwhelming.

I definitely disagree with what you wrote about possible contenders coming out of these fights.. Moraga obviously IS a contender, but other than that - just no. Sicilia and Miller are not rising to the top 10 with a win, and neither are Tavares or Larkin. The only fights that have any role in possibly providing contenders are Rockhold/Philippou and Dillashaw/Easton, but those guys are all already in the top 10.

But as they say, you can't judge a book, not to mention a fight card, by it's cover, and I'll probably watch the card anyway. There are always surprises in this sport.

Old 01-04-2014, 03:30 PM   #5
Uncle00Jesse

Yellow Belt

I just like watching anything that's live. Also it'll be interesting to see how Moraga bounces back.

Uncle00Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:32 PM   #6
CerebralKnievel

Blue Belt

Outside the Dillashaw - Easton fight, I won't lose any sleep over missing any of it. The Singapore card featured far more exciting fighters.

CerebralKnievel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:35 PM   #7
kidcaustic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralKnievel View Post
Outside the Dillashaw - Easton fight, I won't lose any sleep over missing any of it. The Singapore card featured far more exciting fighters.
Are you high? You honestly prefer the Singapore card over this?

kidcaustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:38 PM   #8
Just Jared

Purple Belt

I'd hardly consider the winner of Miller-Sicilia to be in any way close to contender status.

The card looks pretty average to me. Not much on it gets a reaction out of me either way. It looks entertaining enough and worth a watch. We'll see what happens from there.

Just Jared is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:41 PM   #9
CC27

Black Belt

Now that we've passed the Singapore I see its time to start the shitting on the next UFC card thread.

Like clockwork.

Survived Tachi Palace 10 "Let The Stream Fail"
CC27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:41 PM   #10
LSXMMA
I posty..I sleepy..I eaty

Location: She grew up tall and she grew up right with them INDIANA boys on them INDIANA nights!
Always excited to see Larkin. I think he is a star in the making.

LSXMMA is offline   Reply With Quote