Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 12-20-2013, 04:50 AM   #21
Natman2939

Gold Belt

Location: In a small town, in a big country, on a floating oasis somewhere in the universe
vCash: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neymar View Post
I don't understand these stories athletes always come out with about being bullied as though it's something to be proud of.

Do people actually feel endeared toward Chris Weidman because he got his head shoved down a toilet?

I don't get it.
A lot of people used to and still to this day live their lives ashamed of being bullied and how weak it made them feel.

So for someone as strong and tough as Weidman to come out and say "I was bullied too" serves as a great inspiration that bullying doesn't have to haunt you (and can even inspire you to do great things)

Also about them being proud of it: It means he was once relatively weak and now he's one of the toughest guys in the world.

That's a much more inspirational story than someone who was tough all their lives.

Old 12-20-2013, 05:15 AM   #22
Higher Primate

Yellow Belt

vCash: 500
Lol!

Old 12-20-2013, 05:34 AM   #23
Charlitos1988

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephTessaro View Post
Eh? Silva clowning in the ring doesn't equate to bullying...it merely shows arrogance and no respect. Silva got caught by a guy who was confident about his abilities going into that fight, thinking Silva is another human instead of some sort of untouchable god.
but why after the fight Weidman said something like "Silva needed to learn some respect" or something like that....