Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 02-28-2014, 04:50 AM   #891
yookfarb

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryPorto View Post
What if athletes were allowed access to medical-grade PCP and implants, and could consult doctors on how to effectively utilize them? Would that be okay?
I've never heard of seen anybody who has received "bio genetic" implants that would make them super human, so you're basically talking hypothetical science fiction.

As far as PCP, nobody has ever attempted it for a reason.

I would be okay with cocaine pre fight(if it wasn't an illegal dangerous street narcotic), and it does happen and nobody has ever gotten busted for it as far as I know. There is only so much adrenaline that the human body can dump without crashing and burning anyways, with or without drugs.

Old 02-28-2014, 04:50 AM   #892
eseseses681

Blue Belt

vCash: 275
Overeem never got on TRT. After he failed his drug test there were rumors that he was gonna get an exemption to get the suspension lifted, which a lot of people believed happened, but he didn't. There were even more rumors that he was gonna go on TRT after the Bigfoot loss (you know, cuz' he wasn't as cut in that fight as he was previously, so people started assuming things), but that never happened.

Mir got a TRT exemption prior to the Overeem fight, though, so that might explain why people think he got one.

eseseses681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:51 AM   #893
Mikeyz

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by yookfarb View Post

If you play in a sport in which it is possible to be the best in the world in 2014 without PEDs, then you do not play in a sport that matters.

There is no such thing as a modern day world class athlete who is clean. It is not possible, and anyone who says otherwise is delusional beyond belief.

Modern day drug testing for sports is simply a game of politics between bureaucrats. This will only screw over the athletes who do not hold a significant amount of power/money within the sport and lead to barbaric witch hunts.

Edit:

It's a step in the wrong direction.

TRT was wonderful, moderate PED use that was given by everyday doctors in prescriptions that people like you and I have access to.

Now, most MMA fighters will be forced back to the hells of drug dealers and UG labs.
Enjoy the ban TS, or at least dubs.

cute and yet sexy

fun but not crazy

sexy but not slutty

tough but not butchy

Gina FTMFW.
Mikeyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:51 AM   #894
ThunderL1ps

Purple Belt

vCash: 50
Back to roid cycling.

Banning TRT won't do anything to prevent fighters from cheating. One less thing to use is all.

ThunderL1ps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:51 AM   #895
Bokelj

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
You guys do know another sherdogger made that not me, right?
I just appreciate that image early in the morning with my first cup of coffee

~ Mark Twain
Bokelj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:51 AM   #896
AngryPorto

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neomonkey View Post
The point that the TS is trying to make is that banning TRT use does absolutely nothing to stop the people who are already using steroids illegally, and all its going to do is push people who did have a TRT exemption to using steroids illegally.

The difference however is rather than having a trained medical professional supervise your usage, you're forced to go to the black market as an alternative. Seems to me like this will cause more problems than solve.

It's like saying making medical marijuana illegal is going to all of a sudden stop people from smoking weed....particularly when they need it.

In reality, all this does is change who their dealer is, instead of a doctor at a hospital, it will be some thug in the streets.

If they really wanted to make a difference with the use of PED's in mma, they should start with widespread random drug tests on the regular. The fact that they didn't go this route shows that their intentions aren't real at all and that this is some poor attempt at good PR.

Banning TRT will stop most people from using it, especially if they implement drug testing that has serious consequences for those caught cheating. Athletes with deeper pockets will probably still find a way to cheat, but since most UFC fighters are middle class financially wise, they won't be able to afford the expensive shit in order to keep cheating, thereby solving the problem.

Also, your comparison of TRT to marijuana is silly, as marijuana is not performance enhancing.

The argument that we should just let cheaters cheat because they're going to anyways is stupid. Why not let murderer's murder? They're going to anyways, might as well let them murder people on death row or people who are terminally ill. This is your argument reduced to absurdity.

I agree with you, though, that anyone who steps into the cage against another person and attempts to beat them to death/break their limbs until stopped by a referee ought to be tested to make sure their are no illegal substances in their body that would help them achieve said goal in a more efficient manner than naturally possible. Ty for saving your post at the end with a somewhat reasonable and rational suggestion.

AngryPorto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:51 AM   #897
piepie

Yellow Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pengu View Post
No, GSP showed that you should leave when you feel a challenger knocking on crown
Or that you shouldnt reward a challenger who doenst feel like competing on a level playing field and is against strict RANDOM testing.

piepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:52 AM   #898
Mikeyz

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderL1ps View Post
Back to roid cycling.

Banning TRT won't do anything to prevent fighters from cheating. One less thing to use is all.
Unfortunately I agree.

cute and yet sexy

fun but not crazy

sexy but not slutty

tough but not butchy

Gina FTMFW.
Mikeyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:52 AM   #899
Lost

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokelj View Post
I just appreciate that image early in the morning with my first cup of coffee
Indeed man, It is easily my favorite gif. Glad you enjoyed it.

Old 02-28-2014, 04:53 AM   #900
Da Speeit
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Social Terrorist ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmick View Post
So glorious. LOL at all the TRT nuthugging defenders. We told you what this was. We explained in excruciating detail why it's inconsistent, cheating, bullshit without authentic medical rationale.

We fucking told you.
Who is "We"
I've been breaking down the science to this shit for over a year, and I haven't seen you in one thread.

Nah man. You don't get to claim this victory. You're not part of "We". You were in the Mayberry making threads about 13 year old singers when I was in the trenches explaining to people what a pituitary gland is.

Fuck Mumford and Sons
Def Jux til the Apocalypse
RAC
Da Speeit is offline   Reply With Quote