Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

View Poll Results: Cowboy Cerrone vs. Bobby Green
Cowboy Cerrone 210 65.22%
Bobby Green 112 34.78%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-15-2014, 03:34 PM   #161
MarkyMcFly

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBiasJustMMA View Post
Varner, Diaz, Pettis, RDA, all of these guys are aggressive, tough guys that have better hands and better footwork.

The only losses on his record I see where I think he's got the better hands is the Benson fights and I don't think he's much better with his hands and I think Benson's footwork is better.

It's not that he can't beat guys with better hands and better footwork it's that the guys he loses to almost always have better hands and footwork and are aggressive. Green's footwork and distance control looks much better than Cerrone's and his hands are better and he's very hard to take down. I see Green controlling the distance and pace of this fight much like Varner, Diaz, Pettis and RDA did.
I get your point there, I do...but I don't consider Pettis or RDA "boxers" which is what everyone is saying. However, RDA wasn't the lopsided beat down everyone makes it out to be (Cerrone handily won the 3rd) and Varner was so long ago, and he's beaten Varner since his loss to him.

Pettis didn't even have the chance to control the distance lol that one was over too quick. In both Varner fights, I'd say, Cerrone won the stand up portions of the fight. RDA threw a lot of volume, but missed a bunch too but I'd agree that he controlled the distance and pace through the first two rounds of the fight.

I'm just not a believer in Green....yet.. You look at the record and "Wow, he beat Thomson" and it looks real good...but watching the fight, I thought the second round was really the only decent round for either guy and even then I didn't think it was so much Green just dominating the standup as...for some reason..Thomson being gun shy...maybe Green got into his head with all the talking...and in all fairness...that seems to be something you can do to Cowboys too.

Either way, I'm looking forward to it...and if Cerrone does win... I don't want to hear shit about Green not being elite, Cerrone never beating a top ten fighter, or anything like that lol cause it just aint true

Hendricks
Jacare
Korean Zombie
DooHo

Last edited by MarkyMcFly; 08-15-2014 at 03:39 PM.
MarkyMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 03:43 PM   #162
NoBiasJustMMA

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMcFly View Post
I get your point there, I do...but I don't consider Pettis or RDA "boxers" which is what everyone is saying. However, RDA wasn't the lopsided beat down everyone makes it out to be (Cerrone handily won the 3rd) and Varner was so long ago, and he's beaten Varner since his loss to him.

Pettis didn't even have the chance to control the distance lol that one was over too quick. In both Varner fights, I'd say, Cerrone won the stand up portions of the fight. RDA threw a lot of volume, but missed a bunch too but I'd agree that he controlled the distance and pace through the first two rounds of the fight.

I'm just not a believer in Green....yet.. You look at the record and "Wow, he beat Thomson" and it looks real good...but watching the fight, I thought the second round was really the only decent round for either guy and even then I didn't think it was so much Green just dominating the standup as...for some reason..Thomson being gun shy...maybe Green got into his head with all the talking...and in all fairness...that seems to be something you can do to Cowboys too.

Either way, I'm looking forward to it...and if Cerrone does win... I don't want to here shit about Green not being elite, Cerrone never beating a top ten fighter, or anything like that lol cause it just aint true
I get what you're saying and I think the difference between us is that i'm more sold on Green's skills than you are.

If Green just had better hands I would pick Cerrone but it's not just that, his footwork is better, he's got good cardio(not better but cardio is a non factor) he's aggressive and his wrestling is better. When you can control the distance better and control where the fight takes place better your chances of winning go way up, then you add on that Cerrone has had trouble with aggressive guys who have better hands(they don't have to be boxers necessarily to have better hands) and it leads me to believe that Green is going to win a UD.

Having said that Cerrone has KO power and has a strong submission game so he could still win.

MW Weidman
WW Diaz, Lawler, Kampmann
LW Gomi, Pettis, Alvarez, Khabib N.
NoBiasJustMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:03 PM   #163
tsube

Blue Belt

Cerrone doesn't like it when people take the fight to him. This will be a surprisingly easy win for Green.

tsube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:03 PM   #164
taedium

Brown Belt

vCash: 1468
I would father their children

Guru Meditation 503 represent
taedium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:43 PM   #165
SowingSeason
No one need know what's beyond that red door.

vCash: 3185
I hope Cowboy takes it.

R.I.P. Conrad
SowingSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:23 PM   #166
Dspeed124

White Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ View Post
bobby will be talking and cerrone will be throwing
And missing and getting jabbed up