Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:19 PM   #41
Fantastic_Man

Purple Belt

vCash: 500
I honestly forgot there was even a card today..

Old 07-16-2014, 12:20 PM   #42
The_Renaissance

Gold Belt

2 x WMMA fights out of 5 prelims is too much for me...I won't be watching the FP prelim and will undoubtedly fast-forward through Duke/Smith to the inevitable decision result.

Other than that, yep, its a solid midweek UFN card. Gonna have t watch it tomorrow though.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:21 PM   #43
Kumason
MMA freak!

vCash: 5842
I think it's a fun card,but after being a huge fan for over 20 yrs I still think every card is great.One of the worst things about being an mma fan these days is all these whiny little bitches.I'll jot down my thoughts and predictions.

Donald Cerrone vs. Jim Miller-Obviously a fun fight with title implications for Cerrone..no need to discuss this fight it will be entertaining.Cerrone late sub possibly hurting him first

Edson Barboza vs. Evan Dunham-Another extremely entertaining fight on paper.Dunham's getting written off and stylistically I can't totally disagree that Barboza should win but for some reason we always think the guy should win based on his potential.He has got finished twice,a few decisions he arguably lost and that Castillo fight was clearly a draw.Meanwhile Barboza biggest clear win is over Rafaello Oliveira eeeek.This guy needs to finally prove himself or maybe his chin fails him again,we'll see tonight.Barboza dec.

Leonardo Texiera vs. Rick Story-Usually fighters become more conservative and defensive as the evolution of the sport continues...not Texiera.This guy came out in his last fight like old school Wanderlei except way more reckless and he looked fired up at the weigh ins.I expect him to come out against Story like that and holy shit it would be fireworks!Story KO or dec

Joe Proctor vs. Justin Salas-Not the most exciting fight of the night but intriguing nonetheless.Salas' boxing has improved a good but and proctor's no slouch anywhere and I love a fight where it's hard to pick a winner.Salas dec

John Lineker vs. Alptekin Ozkilic-Lineker looked great at the weigh ins...finally.I was waiting a long time for Alp to finally get to the UFC,he had that good win over Darren but man that performance vs Smolka was dreadful.If he thought those body shots from Smolka hurt i'm really interested to see how he handles Linekers.I'm rooting for Alp but he'll need to fight a perfect fight and not gas..quite the uphill battle.He has all the tools,much improved striking,great team,turkish national wrestling champ,2x all american etc.Lineker could make his way back up near contender status again with a few nice wins and staying good on the scales of course.Lineker KO 2nd or 3rd possible dec

Alex White vs. Lucas Martins-Slobberknocker!Alex White is a huge FW also,strong boxing background and solid ground game.Neither of these guys care about defense.Martins though is like a human bobblehead (him and Jared Hamman) but he's getting better.Both guys will trade in the pocket and I expect something crazy in this fight for sure.I think White lands a KO or sub on a stunned Martins early in the fight but White isn't big on getting out of the way either,much better chin and head movement though.

Pat Healy vs. Gleison Tibau-I'm actually really looking forward to this fight.We almost have to handicap the 3rd round for Healy so we'll see if Tibau can control the first 2.I wouldn't be surprised to see some good old fashioned sloppy striking exchanges between these two either.Probably not for the just bleed fans but I really like this fight.eeek Tibau dec.

Jessamyn Duke vs. Leslie Smith-Neither girl known for their fight IQ.Smith just going full berserker and Duke grappling when she should strike and vice versa.I saw no improvements in Dukes game in her last fight having been with Rousey and them,maybe it'll show tonight.I think Smith just rough's her up and Smith has the wrestling and ground to keep it vertical for the most part.I think this will be a real fun scrap and Smith had a full camp this time.Smith dec.

Aljamain Sterling vs. Hugo Viana-Sterling,somewhat of a golden boy,has everything going for him,extremely athletic,trains with a phenomenal team,let's see his improvements.I still think he's quite the work in progress.Viana is a great test,he has the tdd and grappling to keep it standing (till he gasses toward the end of the 2nd) and the power to hurt the sometimes sloppy Sterling.This fight will be all over the cage.Sterling dec. or late sub if Viana gasses real bad or is stunned from a strike (he does go into drunk mode)

Yosdenis Cedeno vs. Jerrod Sanders-Sanders in on short notice but he had a camp for last weekends WSOF but it was at 145 vs a grappler.The guy's a giant FW so it might even be good for him.It doesn't get much more grappler vs striker in the UFC these days than this one.Sanders' stand up is meh at best but he's a stud wrestler with strong chokes..Cedeno looked lost on his back in his first UFC fight but clearly has some slick striking.Sanders dec maaaaybe late sub

Claudia Gadelha vs. Tina Lahdemaki-We get to see our first look at who imo could be fighting the winner of the TUF show that crowns the first 115 lb champ.After another win of course.I think Claudia could be right up there.It's pretty crazy only a few years ago she wasn't very good at all and made giant strides.She hasn't fought in almost a year now so I can't wait to see the improvements she's made with Nova Uniao.Claudia in the 2nd by sub or ref stoppage

Last edited by Kumason; 07-16-2014 at 12:30 PM.
Kumason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:01 PM   #44
Kumason
MMA freak!

vCash: 5842
This ended up being an amazing event!

Kumason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:06 PM   #45
Gendry

Blue Belt

Quote: