Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:52 AM   #31
Gigaton Punch

vCash: 300

Gigaton Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:35 AM   #32
HuntersCreed

vCash: 20000
I'll be there. Tickets go on sale tomorrow!

2003 Honda Shadow A.C.E. Deluxe VT750CD
HuntersCreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:38 AM   #33
Bubba Kid

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
Been waiting on Lewis' debut for a while.

Bubba Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:35 AM   #34
Paul L

Lewis has the Mark Hunt ability where no matter how gassed he gets, his punching power doesn't decrease. His submission defense isn't bad either, although his wrestling is his weakness. May won't be testing anything other than his striking though, which I predict won't end well. Lewis takes this by KO.

Old 02-11-2014, 03:39 AM   #35
Paul L

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbman182 View Post
Regarding May:

Anybody find it odd that his loss on 1-20-12 was dubbed an amateur fight after he had already gone pro?? in the middle of a card full of pro fights?

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jack-May-83949
It was this weird one night heavyweight tournament that was 1 round fights with modified rules. Most sites counted it as exhibition or amateur.

Old 02-11-2014, 04:36 AM   #36
The_Renaissance

Silver Belt

vCash: 230
Expected May to get signed soon after he beat Seumanutafa quickly the other week, but not this soon! Always good to see new heavies though, taking Lewis here.

Old 02-11-2014, 04:54 AM   #37
Philosophy X

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigaton Punch View Post
Damn. That was the definition of slugging. Can't wait to see if he can do this in the octagon. Hope he's got some sort of back ground in grappling...because if he doesn't, he's got a looooonnnnnnnnnnnng road ahead.

Philosophy X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:18 PM   #38
ratichek

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophy X View Post
Damn. That was the definition of slugging. Can't wait to see if he can do this in the octagon. Hope he's got some sort of back ground in grappling...because if he doesn't, he's got a looooonnnnnnnnnnnng road ahead.
Derrick is a very special case. What you are watching is just the tip of the iceberg with him. Ill go out on a limb and say hes the hardest hitter in MMA. If you look at the litany of destruction its unparalleled. Derrick has hospitalized guy like so quick. He broke one opponents skull on the front and back with a single punch. Derrick has true freak physical power in all aspects...forget what he looks like or how big he is...its monsterous. His loss to jordan was derricks second fight and this kid literally brawled his way into the ufc. Ive trained with him and he can do things that aren't even to be done. Watch his fight with ricky shivers when he takes that hulking black belt and grabs a kimura while mounted by shivers. He can do things you aren't supposed to do and that is where is secret is. Of course anyone can be Koed but this kid hasn't even had swollen eye or lip. Nothing. May will assume that he can do things that he can't do when hes in there. Very hard dude to prepare for. Ive worked with this kid and i PROMISE he can do stuff no one else ive ever met can do. I wish him the best and hope to see him fighting top 10 guys before end of the year. Derrick just started working with serious camp recently and looks to be improving rapidly. Hes with 4oz out of houston with Bobby Perez.

ratichek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:27 PM   #39
Evangelion

Black Belt

vCash: 50
Heard a lot of good things about Lewis. Hopefully some of these new hws turnout.Between Rosholt, Lewis, Pesta, Guto, Inocente, Potts, Ruslan n Olenik they've signed a lot of the best young how talent

Old 04-19-2014, 04:55 PM   #40
ebartlett84

Red Belt

vCash: 50
Lewis looked good.

He made a "belt" gesture.