Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:20 PM   #41
ajwbjj87

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
He uses strikes to set up takedowns and fakedowns to set up strike and he's really good at it guys are afraid to unleash a flurry or they'll end up on their ass

ajwbjj87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:50 PM   #42
chinarice

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhawks100 View Post
Why can't anyone stop him? He's a great fighter. But let's also not forget that Condit and Diaz were stylistically made to be beaten by GSP. Shields didn't have the striking or takedowns to get it done (even though he still outstruck GSP lol)

Johny has the wrestling, striking, and power to get the job done.
Doesn't mean he will. All those guys had skills to beat GSP but could not. GSP is great because he has consistently fought and beaten very good opponents.

FW: Aldo
LW: Pettis
WW: Hendricks
MW: Weidman
LHW: Jones
HW: Velasquez
chinarice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:55 PM   #43
Pacemaker Joe

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFCON1 View Post
So this Saturday GSP will once again dominate yet another WW in pursuit of his belt. On one side we have fans who acknowledge his skill and talent, and on the other, the people who say he's boring as fuck. My question to you fellow Sherdogger's is this...

All of GSP's opponents have had weeks if not months of prior knowledge on GSP's game plan and style. Hell 50% of you claim to know what he's going to do...LAY N PRAY for a 50-45 win. Now if all of you know this, (and I do too).

a) why can't anyone stop him?

b) if no one can stop him, why does he alone bare the burden of being the boring fighter? I never witness any grief towards his opponent for "not doing enough".

Anyone know why? Thanks. Enjoy the fight's guy's.
a) he isn't a LnP fighter. He's probably top 5-10 at WW in every aspect of the game outside of KO power. He puts fighters where they're weakest, for most that just happens to be underneath him defending GnP & subs. For others, like Kos & Shields, it's standing.

b) just bleed fans hate technical fights, regardless of how dominant they are.

Pacemaker Joe is offline   Reply With Quote