Originally Posted by FlyingKimurabar
When you think of Weidmans cardio and who could possibily exploit it, theres not many people in the top 10.
1. Machida - Never fights cardio intensive. Elusive so not a lot of action. Unlikely to gas.
2. Vitor - Almost certainly worse gas tank than Weidman
3. Jacare - Very medicore gas tank as well. Usually gets pretty tired by the 3rd.
4. Rockhold - This is maybe the only guy in the top 10 where cardio could be an issue for Weidman. Rock has great TDD, very good BJJ, and a really high work rate and good cardio. He took over the 5th round in the Jacare fight due to cardio
5. Tim Kennedy - He should good cardio against Bisping but Weidman is just to much better in every area for Tim to ever be a threat
7. Mousasi - Average TDD and mediocre cardio himself. Weidman will be able to dictate the pace and Mousasi will probably gas before Weidman dealing with Weidman on top.
So of all Weidmans challenges in the semi near future there isn't much of a threat of his cardio being a factor even if it is below average, which we don't know yet. Other than Rockhold.
"All I guarantee is Violence" Wanderlei Silva
HW Fedor, Mir, Cormier
LHW Wanderlei, Shogun, Alex G.
WW Diaz, Lawler, Kampmann
LW Gomi, Pettis, Alvarez, Khabib N.