Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 12-03-2013, 07:40 AM   #11
orangecuse

Silver Belt

vCash: 2875
No. And I also think there's a parallel here too..

People always ask how could any fight promoter ever hire Bob Sapp. While I agree..These are rinky dink small MMA orgs. No ppv's, no overpriced tickets. None of these orgs are talking about havign the very best MMA fighters iin the world. It's known Bob wants/needs money. And we know the deal when he steps in the cage. While it's pathetic and dishonest by these small orgs is there a difefrence or is this even worse?

Guess who else it was known as common knowledge that they needed money badly? James Toney.

Honestly is there that big of a difference between some really small untelevised, local org signing Sapp(beat Hoost, took Nog to limit in MMA fight,etc) for Main Event knowng he's only about the cash...Compare that to the Superbowl of MMA/highest level with ticket prices and ppv's many times what a Bob sapp show would cost you putting way over the hill, slurred speach, we know he needs the money James Toney in a UFC ME?

IMO Toney's mindset going into his UFC PPV Main Event(lol/sigh) isnt much different then Sapp's. I really feel Local promoters in Europe putting Sapp in main event is less pathetic, shady, less of a money grab by greedy promoters and just as dishonest as the UFC putting Toney in Main event.

Old 12-03-2013, 07:41 AM   #12
cooks1
No matter where you go-there you are

vCash: 500
Does every fight have to 'mean something'?

Is it not OK to have fights just for the entertainment value?

Personally, I think the UFC and other orgs are doing themselves, the fans, and the fighters that helped get them here a huge disservice by not having a 'Legends' or Seniors Division. A place where former greats that still have their marbles, but are no longer competitive at the highest level can go to compete and earn.

"We're #1, all others are #2...or lower" - Mystery Men
cooks1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #13
MikalP

Green Belt

vCash: 487
No. It's also no different when they last brought back Coleman or made Griffin vs Tito 3 or whatever it was.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:59 AM   #14
jiujitsuforever

Brown Belt

Location: north carolina: aka most bipolar weather on the east coast
vCash: 500
probably gonna be rampage vs tito with kurt angle as special guess ref in hell in a cell

-Fedor Emelianenko
-Hector Lombard
-Bibiano Fernandes
-Georges St Pierre
-Shinya Aoki
-Masakazu Imanari
jiujitsuforever is offline   Reply With Quote