Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 09-09-2013, 11:06 PM   #21
benjaminbuttons

Red Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Gercmiov View Post
Speaking of which, has Dana made any statements regarding Grice?
Havent heard anything, its also not really a good look. Im sure he has heard about it, not really that hard to get on twitter and make a small comment regarding it. Like "keep Matt Grice in your thoughts/prayers" or something like that.

benjaminbuttons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:14 PM   #22
Jawth

Black Belt

vCash: 50
Mckenzie would be my guess.

Old 09-09-2013, 11:26 PM   #23
CTYankee

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWESOMEACE View Post
pretty insensitive attempt at creating a thread, War Matt Grice but it is not as if the fight was any where near having title implications. So your a little too soon to ask about this one buddy
This was my first thought.

CTYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:29 PM   #24
Hans Gercmiov

Silver Belt

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by The DanaWhite View Post
Yea I hear ya I was just thinking we are at like six Weeks away now so I figured they would be moving quick to give someone a some what decent camp
I imagine they'll just pull the fight and cut Larsen a show money check. We'll see. It's early still.

#FreeRonJhun
Hans Gercmiov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:32 PM   #25
The DanaWhite

Green Belt

It's to big if a card to just pull the fight. They have plenty of time for a short notice camp. All the big ppv cards have 13 fights for the most part

Always supporting chael, bones, ellenburger, Dodson, aldo, Machida, bj Penn ,dom Cruz, barboza, guillard, and lauzon.
The DanaWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:33 PM   #26
The DanaWhite

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTYankee View Post
This was my first thought.
Are you his dad or is his family posting here? Get off your soap box

Always supporting chael, bones, ellenburger, Dodson, aldo, Machida, bj Penn ,dom Cruz, barboza, guillard, and lauzon.
The DanaWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:41 PM   #27
Roganbyarmbar

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWESOMEACE View Post
don't be a freaking tool, the guy is listed as in critical condition and the fight has no title implications why do you need to know who his "fill in" is the day he is listed as in critical condition?
Jesus man, Grice/Bermudez was my FOTY and I'm super bummed about Grice just like anyone, but you're overreacting.

Seriously, just because it doesn't affect the title doesn't mean it doesn't affect the UFC. It's probably a pretty big deal to Larsen and his team over whether he should continue paying money he might not have as an undercard fighter for a training camp for a fight that might not happen.

Not being rhetorical here - how long is enough before it's okay to ask this? How is it some tragic event if they find a replacement for the fight? This wasn't a post in the thread about Matt's accident, it's not like he insulted Grice in ANY way. It really just reads like you chose to be upset over nothing.

Old 09-11-2013, 01:09 AM   #28
Jawth

Black Belt

It's Oliviera.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...sen-at-ufc-166

Old 09-11-2013, 01:34 AM   #29
markg171

Black Belt

vCash: 1215
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjaminbuttons View Post
Havent heard anything, its also not really a good look. Im sure he has heard about it, not really that hard to get on twitter and make a small comment regarding it. Like "keep Matt Grice in your thoughts/prayers" or something like that.
Quote:
The UFC sends its thoughts and prayers to featherweight Matt Grice, who was involved in a serious auto accident over the weekend in his native Oklahoma that required surgery. Grice is currently in the intensive care unit and more details on his condition will be posted as they are received.
http://www.ufc.com/news/Featherweigh...-Auto-Accident

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani 12h
@MMAFighting: [Dana] White doesn't have an update on Matt Grice but talked to his wife this morning.

By what right does the wolf judge the lion?
markg171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:38 AM   #30
markg171

Black Belt

vCash: 1215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawth View Post
Pretty crazy that Oliviera goes from fighting Edgar in a gutsy performance in the co-main of one of the biggest cards of the year, to being on the prelims.

I mean the co-main was a gift for Oliviera and was only because he was fighting Edgar, but I thought he'd maybe drop only a little bit for his next fight as he surprised a lot of people against Edgar.

But then again this is fairly short notice and the line up is pretty much finalized

By what right does the wolf judge the lion?
markg171 is offline   Reply With Quote