Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-17-2014, 02:33 PM   #11
iwhoopedbatman
Lead Singer BTC

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludgeoned View Post
So he can have surgery, and no gov'na i'm not daft in the head matie. I just pointed out that he could possible (just a what if ok) cause the injury to become worse.
I hear where you're coming from with the big picture, but it's just too big a risk to pass on a title shot.

No one but the privileged ever believe they are involved in a pure meritocracy
iwhoopedbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 02:38 PM   #12
Bludgeoned

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwhoopedbatman View Post
I hear where you're coming from with the big picture, but it's just too big a risk to pass on a title shot.
Yeah I do agree, I was interested to see what others thought about it as well.

Old 08-17-2014, 02:42 PM   #13
Ancuetas

Blue Belt

The situation isn't particulary hard nor controversial, only Gustaffson try to make it controversial.

Cormier is fully deserving of this title shot, not only Gustaffson already had his chance, but he is younger than Cormier and can easily wait his turn. Jones vs Cormier is now the fight that everyone want to see. Not only it's the most interesting match up, as on paper, Cormier will be the favourite even as the challenger, and taking account the bad blood between the two fighters.

Jones/Gustaffson is a nice interesting rematch, but Cormier/Jones is pure fireworks and will be hyped like never a LHW fight in the UFC.

Ancuetas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 03:45 PM   #14
ValhallaEagle

White Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancuetas View Post
The situation isn't particulary hard nor controversial, only Gustaffson try to make it controversial.

Cormier is fully deserving of this title shot, not only Gustaffson already had his chance, but he is younger than Cormier and can easily wait his turn. Jones vs Cormier is now the fight that everyone want to see. Not only it's the most interesting match up, as on paper, Cormier will be the favourite even as the challenger, and taking account the bad blood between the two fighters.

Jones/Gustaffson is a nice interesting rematch, but Cormier/Jones is pure fireworks and will be hyped like never a LHW fight in the UFC.
Cormier will be the favorite? Huh? The only guy that ever gave Jones trouble was someone who could nearly match his range. DC is pretty short by comparison. I'm not counting DC out and I really hope he wins because he's one of my favorite fighters but there's no way in hell he's going to be considered the favorite.

ValhallaEagle is offline   Reply With Quote