Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 04-29-2014, 07:00 AM   #41
lfd0311

Black Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo 06 View Post
well after handing all those wrestlers nobody gave gus a chance in the wrestling department,he proved people wrong against jones
jone basically outwrestled everybody he fought prior to gus
the only strong wrestlers gus fought are hamill (good but not great) vlad (good but very very old and slow)phil davis and jon jones, and he lost two of those fight
gus never fought someone like chael or rashad (i m talkkng style wise)
so no i m not sure he can handle them, i didn t said he can t i just said we don t know, he is still kinda unproved,that s not a diss but look at who he fought, not alot of top 10
Phil Davis is just a younger, stronger version of Chael Sonnen. Gustaffson beats Davis if they fight today, and Rashad has absolutely nothing for Gustafsson

"HE CAN BENCH PRESS 300 POUNDS!!!!!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello
lfd0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:04 AM   #42
trott

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfd0311 View Post
When was the last time he looked sub-par?
the word "subpar" was in quotations... I really wasn't sure of the word to use. I guess to elaborate...

the gus that fought jones looked like a man killing machine who I would bet thousands on vs everyone on that list.

the gus that fought shogun looked very "subpar" to the gus that fought jones, and I would be hesitant to bet much money on him. it was still a good performance... but he looked very human. and considering the fact that shogun is probably the worst fighter on that list. I have even less confidence that the gus that fought shogun could beat every fighter on the list in a row.

WW-Matt brown, Condit, Rory Macdonald
LW- Joe Stevenson, Jim Miller, Bendo
Feather- Korean Zombie
BW-Faber
trott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:05 AM   #43
Vagitarian

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfd0311 View Post
Phil Davis is just a younger, stronger version of Chael Sonnen. Gustaffson beats Davis if they fight today, and Rashad has absolutely nothing for Gustafsson
Even though they have completely different styles? Phil has bad takedowns, great control, and relies on speed. Sonnen has a great double, pretty good in the clinch, and relies on strength.

Also Rashad has some threat with the takedown. Who knows, maybe short athletic Black guys could take down Gus.

Vagitarian is offline   Reply With Quote