Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 01-13-2014, 04:31 PM   #111
Thrawn33

vCash: 12346
As a wrestler turned Judoka, its very hard for me to say, and frankly it all comes down to who applies their strength better.

People need to lose this wrestlers are stronger/Judoka are more technical mindset.
Both Judo and Wrestling are very technical and top level artists in each are freakishly strong so neither fighters art nessisarily gives them the edge in that department.

Thrawn33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 05:15 PM   #112
Rod1

Black Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gboy View Post
If you search in the grappling section of this website you will find there guys who do judo have said the same thing. I have heard anywhere between 3-6 hours, even 1 hour but mostly in the morning of the competition.

Here is one such topic in the grappling section -
http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f12/a-602718/

I also found this blog from Ann Maria (Ronda's mom)-

IJF rules states -

Im not entirely sure but it seems like they weigh in at 19:00 (7pm) the day before the competition and also in the morning of the competition. One thing that is for sure here is that they absolutely do weigh ins in the morning of the competition regardless of what that 19:00 a day before means. Its a bit confusing but Dr.Anns word on weigh ins being in the morning of the competition is good enough for me.
Thats the problem with out of context quotes, the morning weigh in is for research purposes as stated by the IJF.

The official one is 19:00 hrs before day of competition, also we dont know how wrestling is done either, since FILA doesnt specifies, when i trained judo we did evening weigh in and competed in the morning.

Even so, if Ronda used morning of competition and Sara used wrestling evening before competition, its nothing compared to MMA, MMA has over 24hrs of difference, weigh ins are done a day before and fights are done in the night, not the morning.

Sara certainly didnt faced girls the size of Edith Bosch who Ronda fought and beat.

Ronda by armbar.

Using the "No true scotsman" logical fallacy when it comes to Judo and newaza since 2010.
Rod1 is offline   Reply With Quote