Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Muay Thai and Kickboxing

Muay Thai and Kickboxing Fist and Feet Fighting Forum Discussion.

Old 02-05-2014, 09:27 PM   #1
CaptSausage

White Belt

vCash: 500
Jr Muay Thai in America

Greetings all, we recently moved back to America from Tokyo. While there my son competed seriously in Muay Thai, competing in Tokyo and Bangkok several times. Since we have moved here every single one of his fights have fallen thru save one MMA fight. If you have 2 min plz watch this to get a sense of where he is at (I tried to embed but all i get is a white block sorry, if anyone knows what im doing wrong plz tell me).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt2LANrPpWM

If anyone knows of any good opportunities please let us know, we will be extremely grateful. BTW we live in the Pacific North West now, thanks. Also he will be spending the summer in Tokyo as that is the only place we can find fights for him now, thx.

CaptSausage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:20 PM   #2
duquettefight12

Orange Belt

[QUOTE=CaptSausage;91836071]Greetings all, we recently moved back to America from Tokyo. While there my son competed seriously in Muay Thai, competing in Tokyo and Bangkok several times. Since we have moved here every single one of his fights have fallen thru save one MMA fight. If you have 2 min plz watch this to get a sense of where he is at (I tried to embed but all i get is a white block sorry, if anyone knows what im doing wrong plz tell me).

If anyone knows of any good opportunities please let us know, we will be extremely grateful. BTW we live in the Pacific North West now, thanks. Also he will be spending the summer in Tokyo as that is the only place we can find fights for him now, thx.[/QUOTE/]

Very impressive. Keep up the hard work.

Old 02-06-2014, 10:44 PM   #3
Blazeblack

Yellow Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptSausage View Post
Greetings all, we recently moved back to America from Tokyo. While there my son competed seriously in Muay Thai, competing in Tokyo and Bangkok several times. Since we have moved here every single one of his fights have fallen thru save one MMA fight. If you have 2 min plz watch this to get a sense of where he is at (I tried to embed but all i get is a white block sorry, if anyone knows what im doing wrong plz tell me).

If anyone knows of any good opportunities please let us know, we will be extremely grateful. BTW we live in the Pacific North West now, thanks. Also he will be spending the summer in Tokyo as that is the only place we can find fights for him now, thx.
There are good jr. fighters here in the US, we are starting to see a small boom in thai boxing. But most of these kids are amateurs. If your son has fought for money the athletic commissions will not allow him to fight in any amateur events which is were most fighters his age fight here in the states. The commissions here are strict and are starting to crack down pretty hardcore.

Blazeblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:18 AM   #4
Rock5075

White Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptSausage View Post

- Just watched the video and I am very impressed with your sons technique. What is his age and what weight does he normally fight at ? My son is also a junior and there been some excellent opportunities presented to him. Check out www.siamfightproductions.com they put on the highest quality shows catered to youth muay thai. The promoter has brought in fighters from around the world and the competition is excellent

Rock5075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:15 AM   #5
K4BOSH

Green Belt

http://juniormuaythai.com/

if you could travel to tue bay area theres a nice jr muay thai org my kru started up. theyve had a few shows past year and were pretty successful. check them out.